Welcome to the Bills Madden 18 Rebuild - not mobile friendly

JBURGE

4 hours ago, JBURGE25 said:

Gotcha. I would say that 20 1st round players are 78+. Then getting players in the later rounds that are good is just scouting and knowing what to look for. If you're playing a multiple user franchise they get split up, but when it's just me I can get most of who I want. Either way I need them since this was a cupcake 

I would say it's actually pretty realistic that there are a handful of mid round guys who are very good but madden just does a really poor job of hiding them. By giving you the top 3 skills for Nathan Procter for example and then the combine skills, it was obvious he would be a good player. Madden said his skill level was early 3rd though which makes no sense. 

If Scouts actually mattered in the game like they should, then the accuracy of the ratings you unlocked would vary depending on how good your Scout was at evaluating certain positions. It's this kind of stuff that ultimately turns me way from Madden... among other things.

1 hour ago, FourThreeMafia said:

If Scouts actually mattered in the game like they should, then the accuracy of the ratings you unlocked would vary depending on how good your Scout was at evaluating certain positions. It's this kind of stuff that ultimately turns me way from Madden... among other things.

Absolutely. Improved scouting that has variance and way more draft news, adding coordinators... Things like that take you out if the franchise experience. But in having a good time with this one 

19 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

Absolutely. Improved scouting that has variance and way more draft news, adding coordinators... Things like that take you out if the franchise experience. But in having a good time with this one 

It is possible to have a decent time with Madden... But in my opinion you shouldn't have to TRY to have fun with a game. That's where my problem with Madden comes from... too often, I feel like I'm TRYING to enjoy the game, instead of having it naturally.  And even when I can enjoy it, that fun fades pretty fast.

Gonna start my new franchise soon. Hoping I enjoy it enough to stick with it for multiple seasons.

37 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

It is possible to have a decent time with Madden... But in my opinion you shouldn't have to TRY to have fun with a game. That's where my problem with Madden comes from... too often, I feel like I'm TRYING to enjoy the game, instead of having it naturally.  And even when I can enjoy it, that fun fades pretty fast.

Gonna start my new franchise soon. Hoping I enjoy it enough to stick with it for multiple seasons.

Wait until I'm done mine **** or else people will stop following 

3 hours ago, JBURGE25 said:

Wait until I'm done mine **** or else people will stop following 

Haha....after the draft, there is alot of boredom on here.  People can follow multiple franchises.

By the time I get all the draft classes edited and rosters updated, it could be mid to late May.  Beyond that, my franchise is going to have a bit of a twist.

WEEK 6
JETS 0-6 BILLS 3-2
28 SCORE 31
308 YARDS GAINED 421
83 RUSH YARDS 157
225 PASS YARDS 264
15 FIRST DOWNS 20
1 TURNOVERS 0

Individual Performances
QB ROY LEHMAN 364 YDS 2TD 113.6 QBR
HB JERMARCUS NEAL 19 CAR 87 YDS
TE ISSAIAH POUNCEY 8 CTH 70 YDS TD
WR NICO JACQUET 5 CTH 52 YDS TD
WR NATHAN PROCTER 6 CTH 73 YDS
WR ANDRE QUIN 4 CTH 58 YDS
LB LARONE DUBOSE 7 TAK INT FF

The Jets are 0-6 with their new QB. ****. This meant that they will be able to add another seemingly elite prospect to either help him on offense, or get a blue chip guy on defense. Here are the AFC East standings thus far. 

AFC EAST STANDINGS
BILLS 3-2 3-0
DOLPHINS 3-3 2-1
PATRIOTS 1-5 0-2
JETS 0-6 0-2

Honestly pretty surprised at the Jets. Being in a bad division is so lucky 

There is a guy in this draft class named Berry Cherry lmfao

This draft class is shaping up really nice for my needs, but most of the guys are projected mid to late 1st, and right now it's looking like I will be picking in the 20s. I need to come away with ONE blue chip DL guy wherever it may be. If they all go before my pick, I will have to have a contingency in place to maybe switch to a 4-3, because in year 4 I am hoping to compete in the playoffs. 

There are 3 draftable LOLBs in the class, pardon?

This is maybe the best CB class I have seen in Madden 18, and I am either not in a position to get any of them, and I really don't need a CB round 1. sigh

• The Bills are in talks with backup LT Sean Polk about a possible extension, but the sides are currently apart on the financials. CB Pathon negotiations are still continuing. 

WEEK 7
BILLS 4-2 RAMS 4-2
41 SCORE 27
411 YARDS GAINED 344
171 RUSH YARDS 122
240 PASS YARDS 222
19 FIRST DOWNS 16
0 TURNOVERS 2
Individual Performances
QB ROY LEHMAN 240 YDS 3TD 123.2 QBR; 10 CAR 81 YDS TD
HB JERMARCUS NEAL 15 CAR 58 YDS TD
WR ANDRE QUIN 6 CTH 59 YDS TD
WR PIERCE STANLEY 4 CTH 53 YDS TD
CB LESTER BECK 9 TAK INT FF
CB SHREDRICK PHELPS 6 TAK INT

This is imo a big win, but it came at a big cost. 

**Injury Update**

• HB Jermarcus Neal has broken his ankle and will miss the remainder of the season
  • SS Leveon Clancy has broken his collarbone and will be out 6 weeks

Just like I said this offseason, it's always good to have a good second back in case this happens. I expect the drop off here is going to really damage my offense. Looks like QB Lehman picked up the slack though, rushing for 81 yards and a TD. 

FA HB Sylvester Swann [68] has been signed to a 1 year deal. Swann was a 2018 udfa who was on the Bills for the 1-15 season. He will now back up Nico Woodyard. 

• 24 year old CB Brenden Pathon [77] has agreed to stay in Buffalo on a 3 year $13.6m deal/ Pathon is CB4, but with his intangibles he could bump up to CB3 when we inevitably lose one of the star corners. 
  • 23 year old LT Sean Polk [76] has agreed to a 2 year $4m extension. Swing tackle who is still very young. 
  • HB Nico Woodyard, who is stepping into a starting role, has rejected the Bills first offer of a short term extension. 

With Polk's extension, the Bills have decided not to pursue upcoming depth LG Jason Horne [76]. 

WEEK 8
PATRIOTS 2-6 BILLS 5-2
22 SCORE 38
358 YARDS GAINED 384
49 RUSH YARDS 170
309 PASS YARDS 214
19 FIRST DOWNS 19
3 TURNOVERS 0
Individual Performances
QB ROY LEHMAN 214 YDS TD 89.9 QBR
HB NICO WOODYARD 23 CAR 105 YDS TD
HB SYLVESTER SWANN 16 CAR 43 YDS 3TD
TE ISSAIAH POUNCEY 6 CTH 76 YDS TD
WR NATE JACQUET 4 CTH 57 YDS
LB LARONE DUBOSE 9 TAK INT

GG. Up 21-0 at the half, looks like the pounded the rock. New back Swann had 3tds. Haven't missed Neal yet

WEEK 9
BILLS 5-3 BRONCOS 4-5
21 SCORE 28
302 YARDS GAINED 475
62 RUSH YARDS 122
240 PASS YARDS 353
14 FIRST DOWNS 21
0 TURNOVERS 2
Individual Performances
QB ROY LEHMAN 240 YDS 3TD 103.9 QBR
HB NICO WOODYARD 15 CAR 36 YDS
WR NATE JACQUET 5 CTH 91 YDS TD
WR NATHAN PROCTER 5 CTH 58 YDS
WR ANDRE QUIN 4 CTH 57 YDS
LB LARONE DUBOSE 12 TAK INT

Nvm I miss you Neal... seems pretty clear here that nothing happened on the ground, and despite Roy Lehman having another solid week without any turnovers, we lose to an average team. 

**Injury Update**

• HB3 Shawn Dekker has sprained his knee and will be out 5 weeks

This leaves us with only 2 backs om the roster. I am going to roll with that and hope I don't get another injury in the next 5 weeks

AFC EAST STANDINGS
BILLS 5-3 4-0
DOLPHINS 4-4 2-1
PATRIOTS 3-6 2-3
JETS 0-8 0-4

Then again maybe we are an average team, with 4 of our 5 wins against our bad division. 

2020 TORONTO BILLS MID-SEASON STATS
OFFENSE
  PASSING OVR PASS YDS PASS TDS INT COMP % QBR
QB ROY LEHMAN 85 1,960 19 4 66 105.9
  RUSHING OVR ATT RUSH YDS RUSH TD YPC FUM
RB JERMARCUS NEAL [IR] 87 98 471 3 4.8 1
RB NICO WOODYARD 75 102 380 6 3.7 0
QB ROY LEHMAN 85 39 206 1 5.3 0
RB SYLVESTER SWANN 69 18 50 3 2.8 0
  RECEIVING OVR REC REC YDS REC TDS AVG  
WR ANDRE QUIN 96 33 443 2 13.4  
WR NATE JACQUET 81 36 432 5 12.0  
WR NATHAN PROCTER 83 41 417 0 10.2  
TE ISSAIAH POUNCEY 84 36 335 8 9.3  
RB JERMARCUS NEAL [IR] 87 23 158 1 13.2  
WR PIERCE STANLEY 80 10 122 4 12.2  
DEFENSE
    OVR TAK SAK INT FF / FR TD
ILB LARONE DUBOSE 89 69 1 3 2/1 0
ILB WALTER MEALEY 79 42 1 0 0/0 0
OLB LESTER MURPHY 84 40 2.5 0 1/0 0
CB LESTER BECK 87 39 0 3 1/0 0
CB SHREDRICK PHELPS 90 38 0 2 0/0 0
FS JAMAR KUGBILA 82 38 0 0 1/1 0
CB CARRINGTON GRAHAM 88 36 0 0 0/0 0
DE MUSTAFA HAWKINS 77 35 2 0 0/0 0
SS LEVEON CLANCY 85 34 0 0 0/0 0
DT SERGIO DARMAN 76 31 1.5 0 0/0 0
DE JULLIAM JEANPIERRE 76 27 3.5 0 1/1 0
OLB KENT PICKETT 82 27 4 0 0/0 0

Lehman is actually having a pretty incredible and efficient year. He is on pace to throw less than half of the INTs he threw last year. 
Obviously you can see the hit that switching RBs will have, with Woodyard averaging a whole yard less a carry. 
It's kind of scary how balanced the passing is to the top four receiving options. I was hoping Quin would have a big year because I would like to see him make a pro bowl. 
On defense, it's pretty uninspiring outside of Dubose. He is putting up some pretty great numbers, and if he keeps this up, he will be heading to the Pro Bowl for sure. 

When Clancy comes back, the starting secondary is Phelps 90 - Graham 88 - Beck 87 with Clancy 85 and Kugbila 82. I would have thought that would provide me with some more turnovers, but it probably comes with the lack of an interior pass rush. 

• Dubose is currently on pace to win the AFCs Best LB award.
  • Roy Lehman is 7th in MVP voting, but will need a great second half of the year to have a shot at that. 

2 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Are you playing or simming the games?

I am simming...

I prefer the team building part anyway. I will play the final game of the season going forward, but I don't see it as an accurate representation of my team building if I am playing every game. I probably would have gone 10-6 year one where I simmed 0-15 (and played the last game) to be 1-15. 

For this reason I am not really interested in playing the Super Bowl, because I feel it would be a guaranteed win. But I will post extended stats for week 17 when I play

Archived