Sua Cravens Traded to Denver

MKnight82

3 minutes ago, mike23md said:

Would have done it for a straight up 3rd....but there is a lot of value in the depth of this. 

If you can consider the comp picks for next season, the amount of mid round picks this year, and the potential to still trade back and grab more, we could be building a lot of good depth and quality starters. 

One can only hope

I figured they would try to get this done.

The more I kept thinking about it, the more I was thinking that for this to be an outstanding draft (from a value/needs standpoint), they really need to get 3 picks in the first 2.5 rounds or so. That’s really the sweet spot of this draft to me when it comes to the positions they’re looking at for more immediate impact (RB, OG, possibly NT).

So if they can’t trade DOWN from 13 — either because of a player they don’t want to pass on or because there’s no one that wants to move up — they’re probably going to have to find a way to move UP into that range. Which to me means jumping from our 4th into the early-mid 3rd round area to get a player we like at one of those positions. 

By moving that 4th round pick up a bit, it could lessen what we might have to give up to make that jump. The additional 5th (and the improved 5th) give us more ammo to work with. As do the comp picks we expect to come next season, because they could give us more flexibility to deal a future pick since we know we’ll have an excess of selections in 2019. 

1 hour ago, mike23md said:

I think its 109 not 106. The others are correct. 

If Cravens plays in a playoff game at any point, we get a conditional pick in 2020. 

Ah so they gave us that Broncos via 49ers one. Makes sense.

1 hour ago, RSkinGM said:

Wish we could have traded for a player , a guard, R B . D L

The picks could easily end up being a guard, a RB or a NT, I am just happy that this saga is over. 

Good luck Denver, don't start him and you won't be disappointed when he "retires" before the start of the regular season because of "concussions"

1 hour ago, mike23md said:

I think its 109 not 106. The others are correct. 

If Cravens plays in a playoff game at any point, we get a conditional pick in 2020. 

Broncos get:
S Su’a Cravens
4th-2018 (113th)
5th-2018 (149th)

Redskins get:
4th-2018 (109th)
5th-2018 (142nd)
5th-2018 (163rd)
Conditional 6th-round pick in 2020.

Sounds like we get a 5th this year (in addition to the position swapping) AND the minimum of a 6th in 2020. Two picks + better draft position for Cravens, Good Job F.O.

2 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Sounds like we get a 5th this year (in addition to the position swapping) AND the minimum of a 6th in 2020. Two picks + better draft position for Cravens, Good Job F.O.

I read it as we get a 6th in 2020 if he meets certain conditions.  Is that not the way its written?

Can't say I'm happy with the trade since Cravens is an extremely gifted talent but I know it was a trade that we had to make. He really screwed us over last September and I'll be rooting hard against him every time I see him hit the field. What a waste of a talent and a 2nd round pick. Good riddance. I have nothing ill to say about the Broncos organization but I hope he quits on them like he quit on us. He may ball out for a year or two but at some point his personality is going to expose him for the soft piece of trash he really is. 

Archived