2018 MLB GDT IT’S HEREEEEE

bigbadbuff23835

5 hours ago, jrry32 said:

I don't know what we can do with Dellin at this point.

I’m fine with giving him opportunities ( given the right situation)but Kahnle AND D-Rob haven’t pitched yet, why in the world do you put Dellin out for a second inning???

and it angers the hell out of me that they completely ignored him with runners on. That’s an extreme liability and come Oct it could cost us.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/22988330/philadelphia-phillies-gabe-kapler-calls-reliever-thrown

Philadelphia Phillies new manager Gabe Kapler called on a reliever who hadn't thrown a pitch to warm up on Saturday against Atlanta.

Kapler came to the mound to replace starter Vince Velasquez in the third inning and the Phillies down 5-2. Left-hander Hoby Milner apparently wasn't ready to enter the game.

Kapler remained on the mound as Milner took some throws before leaving the bullpen. Braves manager Brian Snitker came out of the dugout to argue about the delay, and was ejected by umpire Jerry Layne, the crew chief.

Layne said he was trying to protect Milner's health

"For whatever reason the pitcher wasn't even getting ready," Layne told a pool reporter. "Who got crossed up, I'm not placing blame on anybody because I don't know. He just wasn't ready. Hadn't thrown a pitch. ... The last thing I want to do is get somebody hurt. It's already a messed-up situation."

Layne said a report would be sent to Major League Baseball.

"Whoever's at fault on the Phillies' side should have to answer to Major League Baseball," Layne said.

1 hour ago, devils1854 said:

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/22988330/philadelphia-phillies-gabe-kapler-calls-reliever-thrown

Philadelphia Phillies new manager Gabe Kapler called on a reliever who hadn't thrown a pitch to warm up on Saturday against Atlanta.

Kapler came to the mound to replace starter Vince Velasquez in the third inning and the Phillies down 5-2. Left-hander Hoby Milner apparently wasn't ready to enter the game.

Kapler remained on the mound as Milner took some throws before leaving the bullpen. Braves manager Brian Snitker came out of the dugout to argue about the delay, and was ejected by umpire Jerry Layne, the crew chief.

Layne said he was trying to protect Milner's health

"For whatever reason the pitcher wasn't even getting ready," Layne told a pool reporter. "Who got crossed up, I'm not placing blame on anybody because I don't know. He just wasn't ready. Hadn't thrown a pitch. ... The last thing I want to do is get somebody hurt. It's already a messed-up situation."

Layne said a report would be sent to Major League Baseball.

"Whoever's at fault on the Phillies' side should have to answer to Major League Baseball," Layne said.

Good job by the ump honestly. Kapler should be fined by the MLB and the Phillies have to be considering firing him.

1 hour ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Good job by the ump honestly. Kapler should be fined by the MLB and the Phillies have to be considering firing him.

I know the season is 3 days old, but Im calling it now, the Phillies will be the worst team in baseball this year.

27 pitching changes in 3 games, pissing off one of your best players by not playing him opening day, and just overall terrible decisions.

Archived