2018 MLB GDT IT’S HEREEEEE

bigbadbuff23835

34 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

He does one thing well and is somewhere between below average to terrible at everything else. He's a flea with power, but he doesn't deserve to hold Mike Trout's jock strap.

I love Davis but I agree. He is a consistent above average hitter with lots of power. He is always going to be around 2-3 WAR because his defense is just so attriocious that he can't play the field. He should not be in MVP talks. The only Athletic that has any right to be on the ballot is Matt Chapman but he isn't to the next level. He still have a few more levels to climb to approach Trout/Betts. 

Davis is an important part of this team. Letting him go would be a mistake. It is really tough to find guys who legitimately want to be in Oakland. Davis loves it here. He is a hero to the team and to the community. The story from a few weeks ago just highlights his importance to the team. Before the game he signed a Make a Wish kid's jersey before the game and had the kid sign his. He hit a home run in that game and dedicated it to the kid. For a team that really struggles with bringing in fans day in and day out, keeping favorites is important. The A's have to break that stigma of trading or letting go of their "good players." Davis isn't the best guy, but he definitely has a big role in Oakland as a middle of the order bat and threat. Like I said, I think a 3 yr 50M deal would get it done and I'd be fine with that. It's time to invest back into the team and the city. With the Raiders and Warriors both leaving Oakland, the A's have a big opportunity here and need to capitalize.  

1 hour ago, MightyMouse07 said:

I love Davis but I agree. He is a consistent above average hitter with lots of power. He is always going to be around 2-3 WAR because his defense is just so attriocious that he can't play the field. He should not be in MVP talks. The only Athletic that has any right to be on the ballot is Matt Chapman but he isn't to the next level. He still have a few more levels to climb to approach Trout/Betts. 

Davis is an important part of this team. Letting him go would be a mistake. It is really tough to find guys who legitimately want to be in Oakland. Davis loves it here. He is a hero to the team and to the community. The story from a few weeks ago just highlights his importance to the team. Before the game he signed a Make a Wish kid's jersey before the game and had the kid sign his. He hit a home run in that game and dedicated it to the kid. For a team that really struggles with bringing in fans day in and day out, keeping favorites is important. The A's have to break that stigma of trading or letting go of their "good players." Davis isn't the best guy, but he definitely has a big role in Oakland as a middle of the order bat and threat. Like I said, I think a 3 yr 50M deal would get it done and I'd be fine with that. It's time to invest back into the team and the city. With the Raiders and Warriors both leaving Oakland, the A's have a big opportunity here and need to capitalize.  

Chapman is basically Evan Longoria re-incarnated. He's a notch below Trout, but that's still a superstar player. 

Honestly, I'm glad Davis has found a home. He didn't have one at all in Milwaukee with his defense, and while I think 3/$50M is pretty steep given his obvious limitations, you're 100% right that the A's need to actually start investing in their club and using this playoff run to reestablish their brand.

Yelich: .321/.391/.579, 32 HR, 101 RBI, 21 SB, .410 wOBA, 159 wRC+, .257 ISO, 20.7% K%, 9.3% BB%, 6.6 fWAR (before tonight)
Baez: .294/.328/.566, 34 HR, 110 RBI, 21 SB, .372 wOBA, 134 wRC+, .273 ISO, 25.6% K%, 4.4% BB%, 5.4 fWAR (before tonight)

Javy's only advantages are 9 RBI and 10 XBH lol

2 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

I still can’t believe Gary Sanchez is gonna finish the season below the Mendoza line. That is one of the most astonishing things i have ever seen. I know he missed a few months but sheesh, how can someone that was such a good hitter fall like that? Ouch

How often do you see someone with a .197 BABIP. He'll rebound next year.

2 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Yelich: .321/.391/.579, 32 HR, 101 RBI, 21 SB, .410 wOBA, 159 wRC+, .257 ISO, 20.7% K%, 9.3% BB%, 6.6 fWAR (before tonight)
Baez: .294/.328/.566, 34 HR, 110 RBI, 21 SB, .372 wOBA, 134 wRC+, .273 ISO, 25.6% K%, 4.4% BB%, 5.4 fWAR (before tonight)

Javy's only advantages are 9 RBI and 10 XBH lol

*6 RBI, 9 XBH

Archived