2018 MLB GDT IT’S HEREEEEE

bigbadbuff23835

3 hours ago, thelawoffices said:

Forgive me if it’s been discussed but does anyone else hate the K zone on all the time now?

Absolutely. Whenever it's used it just makes me get more upset with calls than I normally would, even though I know it's not 100% accurate I feel like seeing this box saying a call is wrong constantly just naturally makes me upset about the umping. Thankfully the Astros broadcast doesn't use it constantly at least. 

29 minutes ago, mission27 said:

I'd like to point out Aaron Judge is still hitting tbh, which proves mission is smarter than anyone else

It seems like he’s chasing even less outside of the zone. Nothing seems to be fooling him. I cannot wait until Gary and Stanton get going.

7 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Marlins are also continuing to set franchise lows, a mere 6,500 people attended the game and over 4K of that is traveling or expat Mets fans.

The Rays are 1000000% moving but the Marlins are stuck there for the next decade, it's gonna get real real ugly.

At lease they won the Stanton trade.

2 hours ago, pollino14 said:

It seems like he’s chasing even less outside of the zone. Nothing seems to be fooling him. I cannot wait until Gary and Stanton get going.

Seriously. Sanchez looks lost in space at this point.

I want to put it off to the lousy temps - but both teams are playing in it - so that theory only goes so far (which isnt very far.....)

No pitcher's stepped up yet either. It's early.

People just need to accept that he’s good tbh.  The guy has been mashing since last March except for a brief slump because he had a shoulder injury.  Strikeouts are coming down.  He’s a beast with unprecedented physical abilities who works his *** off to constantly get better.  Guys gonna be a hall of famer tbh.

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

I want to put it off to the lousy temps - but both teams are playing in it - so that theory only goes so far (which isnt very far.....)

Could be the temps but that’s not a great excuse when we are hoping to play in October and November 

28 minutes ago, mission27 said:

People just need to accept that he’s good tbh.  The guy has been mashing since last March except for a brief slump because he had a shoulder injury.  Strikeouts are coming down.  He’s a beast with unprecedented physical abilities who works his *** off to constantly get better.  Guys gonna be a hall of famer tbh.

It’s insane how people put so much stock into the first time he was called up. Which was awful but a small sample size.

32 minutes ago, Leader said:

Our rotation hasn’t been awful. Outside of yest, Sevy was on fire. Gray hasn’t been bad, Tanaka promising.

Just we’re in a big slump and we’re injured. Baseball . It’ll be fine. We’ll smack around Price.

2 hours ago, mission27 said:

It’s insane how people put so much stock into the first time he was called up. Which was awful but a small sample size.

This is a serious straw man here.  I have literally seen zero references to 1.  Judge not actually being a good player; or 2. Judge's first taste of the big leagues being relevant to what he will be going forward.  

I was vocal about Judge not repeating his 2017 numbers.  I still feel really strongly that he won't.  But he's still going to be good.  Really good, in fact.  Just not 8 fWAR good.

19 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

This is a serious straw man here.  I have literally seen zero references to 1.  Judge not actually being a good player; or 2. Judge's first taste of the big leagues being relevant to what he will be going forward.  

I was vocal about Judge not repeating his 2017 numbers.  I still feel really strongly that he won't.  But he's still going to be good.  Really good, in fact.  Just not 8 fWAR good.

Maybe not here, but elsewhere it’s been a pretty popular position.

I believe Judge will be considered one of the best players in the game.

The Tribe really needs another bat in their lineup. I'm assuming that Lindor/Perez will pick it up, as we're only about 1/16 of the way through the season so I'm not concerned about this, but they still need another big bat in their lineup. They are struggling to hit and with that pitching staff, a big bat would go a long way down the stretch and hopefully into the postseason.

Archived