2018 MLB GDT IT’S HEREEEEE

bigbadbuff23835

9 hours ago, bkobow05 said:

Can we talk about Josh Hader?

Dude is fantastic.  The BBs will start ticking up again, and the Ks will come down, but he's fantastic.  Top 5 reliever in the game for me going forward.

29 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

Dude is fantastic.  The BBs will start ticking up again, and the Ks will come down, but he's fantastic.  Top 5 reliever in the game for me going forward.

In terms of his ability to miss bats and throw strikes, the only seasons that compare are 2015 Andrew Miller, 2018 Andrew Miller, and 2017 Craig Kimbrel. Nobody else is posting contact rates under 60% without throwing around 40% or fewer strikes.

He's probably going to regress, but who cares? Still absolutely ridiculous.

10 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

In terms of his ability to miss bats and throw strikes, the only seasons that compare are 2015 Andrew Miller, 2018 Andrew Miller, and 2017 Craig Kimbrel. Nobody else is posting contact rates under 60% without throwing around 40% or fewer strikes.

I feel like it's the pitching equivalent to when Barry Bonds at one point in the early 2000s had more HR than he did swings and misses. Absolutely incredible.

1 hour ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

That was the hrubesiest post ever

The Astros only "need" is a LHRP.... Hurts to see Hader shine but glad he is getting the opportunity.  Thankfully Fiers kept the rotation afloat for a full six weeks last Summer in the middle of the season or else I'd be looking back at the Gomez trade constantly.

Archived