2018 MLB GDT IT’S HEREEEEE

bigbadbuff23835

This morning, someone asked Buster Olney to name 1 player that he'd rather have than Mookie. It took him 10 full seconds to "think about it" and then name Mike Trout. EMBARRASSING.

13 minutes ago, pollino14 said:

Our kids can play.

This team is so fun to watch right now. They young and hungry; they're not letting this tough stretch get to them. If we assume the AL stinks outside of HOU, CLE, BOS, LAA and MIN then they are playing all of them right now and have started that strech 11-1. Now they dont need to go back to LA or HOU too.

Walker Buehler and the Dodgers have a no-hitter going against the Padres in Mexico right now. Buehler is over 90 pitches, so it won't be him alone, but I could see Roberts trotting Buehler back out there for the 7th and then having Kenley Jansen go for the six out save. Dodgers need a win too.

Cole with the 1 hit complete game shutout, 16 Ks, only 1 walk. This dude is an animal. Best pitching performance I've seen in a few years. 

Edit: Game score of 106, highest since Scherzer in 2015 had 111. 14th time in history a pitcher has recorded a game score of 100 or higher. 

1 hour ago, Spartica4Real said:

Cole with the 1 hit complete game shutout, 16 Ks, only 1 walk. This dude is an animal. Best pitching performance I've seen in a few years. 

Edit: Game score of 106, highest since Scherzer in 2015 had 111. 14th time in history a pitcher has recorded a game score of 100 or higher. 

Ray Searage is a God

I just want to say, mission's comp of Gerrit Cole to a young Max Scherzer is looking pretty solid. 

Just like mission called Max Scherzer becoming a Hall of Famer when he got traded for some flea 10 years ago. 

Gotta trust things mission says tbh.

7 hours ago, crab1106 said:

This team is so fun to watch right now. They young and hungry; they're not letting this tough stretch get to them. If we assume the AL stinks outside of HOU, CLE, BOS, LAA and MIN then they are playing all of them right now and have started that strech 11-1. Now they dont need to go back to LA or HOU too.

I agree. This stretch has to be our toughest of the year by far and the way they’re playing is amazing. 

Team is only gonna get better too. Stanton and Sanchez will be more consistent, Bird, Kahnle and Warren will help, Frazier and Sheffield should be in the Bronx this year. Lot of reasons to be excited.

2 hours ago, pollino14 said:

I agree. This stretch has to be our toughest of the year by far and the way they’re playing is amazing. Team is only gonna get better too. Stanton and Sanchez will be more consistent, Bird, Kahnle and Warren will help, Frazier and Sheffield should be in the Bronx this year. Lot of reasons to be excited.

Yeah - I was just looking at something in connection with your thought.....

Stanton's a career .267 hitter. His high water marks have been: .290 (2012) / .288 (2014) / .281 (2017) - right now he's at .234

His career stats are all from the Nat.League. Now, I dont have a numeric handle on the pitching quality between the two leagues - but I think the AL is more dominant overall - plus with the DH chances are you'll be facing the starter longer. In any case - .300 or above ain't a happening thing with this guy - or let me put in this way - the only way he'll go over .300 is because of the tougher lineup he's in now and the better pitches he'll probably see - i.e. - he cant be pitched around quite as easily as when with MIA.

I expect we'll see better as the season wears on and he sees the same pitcher more than the "once in awhile" of inter league play- but his overall skill set is telling us that .260-.280 is pretty much where he'll settle in.

He hits in the .280's (or above?) - just fine with me.

Sanchez is a career .272 hitter. His high water mark was .299 (2016) - low water .287 (2017) - right now he's at .205

Barring injury, he'll hit his career average - if not better - because of experience and being in a tougher lineup // seeing better pitches to hit. I'm not sure how the NYY will play Bird returning. I cant seen the team pushing Sanchez further down the lineup. Too important at bat to reduce potential ABs. 

On a separate note - we need to give Didi some time off. He's been pedal to the floor for awhile now and a spot day off here or there would help the overall. We've got all sorts of options on how (or who) to move around - but the easiest would be put Torreyes in there - he was hitting pretty well when playing 2nd/3rd more steadily.

Who's going down when we bring Drury up? I dont see him hanging around the minors far longer than the medical reasons dictate - so who we sending down? Some bottom side relief pitcher? 

Archived