2018 Draft Thread v.2 - DONE AND IN THE BOOKS

RaidersAreOne

10 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Meh lve isn't the best when it comes to instincts and I think he'd be better as olb. Limited experience guy

LVE's instincts and in game feel are off the charts. That's his biggest strength. And he's a great athlete on top of it.

12 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

Once upon a time some were calling for Arden Key to be drafted by the Raiders...

I will love him on the Raiders.A lot people say he will drop in the draft because of his off the field concerns I mean I could see him taking a slight drop but in the bottom half of the 2nd I just don't see it 

1 minute ago, BABYLON 5 said:

I will love him on the Raiders.A lot people say he will drop in the draft because of his off the field concerns I mean I could see him taking a slight drop but in the bottom half of the 2nd I just don't see it 

I posted in the Draft forum that I wouldn't be surprised to see him go undrafted at this point. He has so many red flags both on and off the field. 

19 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

I posted in the Draft forum that I wouldn't be surprised to see him go undrafted at this point. He has so many red flags both on and off the field. 

Wow I didn't know it was that bad i just thought he had one or two incidence .The guy was like in everybody top 10 a few months ago smh another guy wasting there talent.I got to research and do my homework on these red flags 

8 minutes ago, BABPITT said:

Wow I didn't know it was that bad i just thought he had one or two incidence .The guy was like in everybody top 10 a few months ago smh another guy wasting there talent.I got to research and do my homework on these red flags 

The biggest red flags have to do with him on the field. He showed up to the combine under 240 lbs. and has tested terribly for his weight.

40 yard: 4.87s

vert: 31"

broad: 117"

3-cone: 7.16s

short shuttle: 4.25s

Couple those numbers with the notion coming into the 2017 college season that he was a premier athlete with raw ability and you don't have a very appealing prospect.

6 hours ago, big_palooka said:

LVE's instincts and in game feel are off the charts. That's his biggest strength. And he's a great athlete on top of it.

He misses tackles between in the trenches way to much. Not really a good tackler period imo. Not good at stacking and sheding ol men. Guesses wrong a lot in the run game. He is awesome in coverage tho maybe better than roq and Edmunds. 

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

He misses tackles between in the trenches way to much. Not really a good tackler period imo. Not good at stacking and sheding ol men. Guesses wrong a lot in the run game. He is awesome in coverage tho maybe better than roq and Edmunds. 

Sounds alot like a Burris who can cover. No thanks

13 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

anyone scout the Tight Ends from this class? I could see. young TE being drafted in the 3rd or 4th round since Walford is gone

I don’t really like any tight ends in the class to emerge as Pro Bowl level play makers in the NFL. I certainly wouldn’t want to take one in rounds 1-4 considering needs elsewhere. There’s not a lot of quality depth there.

I'm not a Vander Esch fan, myself. He's everything some accuse Tremaine Edmunds of being: highly athletic but lacking instincts. Vander Esch is very much an un-carved piece of marble who I anticipate will be a liability early in his career. Athletically, he's stiff and heavy footed.

I have Edmunds, Smith, and Evans ranked ahead of him.

On 4/4/2018 at 6:00 PM, Rich7sena said:

Once upon a time some were calling for Arden Key to be drafted by the Raiders...

I'm guilty. I fell in love with the hype and potential and was looking at him as a potential second round pick. But after that dreadful workout, his inconsistent tape, all the questions about him off field - I can't justify taking him before the 4th or 5th round. The downward spiral continues for him 

Archived