2018 Draft Thread v.2 - DONE AND IN THE BOOKS

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, Humble_Beast said:

I think he will be first ol but I could see him going 11-15....I could be wrong

I hope Nelson goes top 10(looking at you Chicaho). Theres a chance McGlinchey goes first just cause he plays OT tho. Im hoping a foolishly desperate team takes him top 10 to help our cause at 10.

1 hour ago, Rich7sena said:

The Raiders seem to be bringing in enigmatic players instead of the usual top 10-15 guys. Makes sense.

Yeah, I agree it makes sense. These are guys that may not be available at the big prodays and/or might have quirks that you want to feel out in person. The other advantage of the private visit is we get them in to the facility so they can look around and we can do some additional testing (medical or whatever) if we aren't satisfied with what we have seen already. The obvious guys you can meet and see at the combine/workouts, all-star games, campus visits etc.

Here is a list of the guys we have had in for a private visit so far. we get 30 of those but unlimited local visits, private workouts or campus visits.

Chad Thomas, DE/3-4OLB, Miami

Jullian Taylor, DT, Temple

Tremon Smith, CB, Central Arkansas

Malik Reaves, CB, Villanova

Joe Ostman, DE, Central Michigan

Frank Luvu, ILB, Washington State

P.J. Hall, DT, Sam Houston State

James Crawford, ILB, Illinois

Jaire Alexander, CB, Louisville

5 hours ago, riceman80 said:

I hope Nelson goes top 10(looking at you Chicaho). Theres a chance McGlinchey goes first just cause he plays OT tho. Im hoping a foolishly desperate team takes him top 10 to help our cause at 10.

Watch it be us, that foolishly desperate team. lol

23 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Watch it be us, that foolishly desperate team. lol

I'd imagine the Raiders would be the only team to potentially take hm top 10.

Interesting thought I had today on the drive home: would you rather have Minkah Fitzpatrick at corner or Derwin James at linebacker?

5 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

I'd imagine the Raiders would be the only team to potentially take hm top 10.

Interesting thought I had today on the drive home: would you rather have Minkah Fitzpatrick at corner or Derwin James at linebacker?

James is a DB. Why you want to project him as a LB make no sense. He's athletic, tall and rangy. Can come into the box and help against the run. He has no business playing LB with his athleticism. His play making ability is best suited in coverage. 

I'd take James over Minkah, but both guys live for the game and will be assets where ever they go.

This draft cannot come sooner. With all of the defensive talent that will likely fall in our lap, I’d be happy with who we draft as long as we don’t reach. I would love a trade down to acquire a couple more picks, but who knows how likely that will be?

Archived