Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I should have created this earlier, but I think it has enough interested people here.

My biggest peeve with this game is how poorly implemented the co-op is. Now it's not the worst by any means, but they pushed the idea that the game was full co-op. Yet they hide certain perks and all weapons behind story progress which co-op partners don't get. Now I don't mind this as much as I can respect the choice (even if I disagree), but the fact that all the cutscenes are one person as well is just dumb. They heavily advertise the co-op campaign and I sometimes watch the scripted events... like they couldn't just put my camera on the side? 

Otherwise, the game isn't perfect, but co-op makes me forgive a lot of things and the game is fun. If I were to get specific though, the game feels underwhelming in comparison to FC3 (didnt play 4). There are just a lot of small changes they made that makes the game feel less thought out. Things like skins only being currency instead of crafting components.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I loved FC3. I couldn't get in to 4 because it was the same thing as 3 and came out pretty soon after. 

This game has been fun so far. I find the coop pretty fun but yeah, having to do each mission twice effectively is annoying because the one who joins doesn't get credit for completing the mission which I feel is a mistake since it's open world 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

I loved FC3. I couldn't get in to 4 because it was the same thing as 3 and came out pretty soon after. 

This game has been fun so far. I find the coop pretty fun but yeah, having to do each mission twice effectively is annoying because the one who joins doesn't get credit for completing the mission which I feel is a mistake since it's open world 

1

Yea, I think I'm lucky that I was the one who decided to be the co-op partner with my friend because he would be complaining much more than I would lol. I've also had a small problem with lag. It feels like I'm taking extra bullets because it takes like half a second to register my kills which is usually enough for the AI to atleast try to attack me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My 14 year old son is doing so many chores to pay for this game. We got it for him yesterday but he's going to be very busy working on his spring break. Crazy kid wanted all the extra codes for it too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, TENINCH said:

My 14 year old son is doing so many chores to pay for this game. We got it for him yesterday but he's going to be very busy working on his spring break. Crazy kid wanted all the extra codes for it too.

This game is pretty crazy for a 14 year old kid. Totally your call but just thought I'd throw it out there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Worst part of this game is the forced cutscreens after a certain amount of progress. I've been captured(which you can't help) a ridiculous amount of times and have gotten away over and over again. Makes the story seem really silly and takes you a bit out of it.

I'm having fun overall, it's not much different than FC3 or FC4 but I enjoy the Guns for Hire feature. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I suck so bad at this game :(

 

I do like it though. I need to get my bow back, because if I don't sit back and pick people off, I die pretty quickly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Once you have an attack chopper this game starts to get REALLY easy and I am playing it on hard. Fly into a compound, shoot up the alarms, strafe fire and take out all the baddies, watch out for any RPG's and the base is easily liberated. But I've only done John's area of the map so far. Maybe it gets harder during Faith and Jacobs areas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, MathMan said:

I suck so bad at this game :(

 

I do like it though. I need to get my bow back, because if I don't sit back and pick people off, I die pretty quickly

I bought the sniper + silencer first thing. Much better than the bow IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

I bought the sniper + silencer first thing. Much better than the bow IMO.

good call.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MathMan said:

good call.

Yea, for outposts, just snipe the alarms and then you can snipe with freedom.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Shockey1979 said:

Once you have an attack chopper this game starts to get REALLY easy and I am playing it on hard. Fly into a compound, shoot up the alarms, strafe fire and take out all the baddies, watch out for any RPG's and the base is easily liberated. But I've only done John's area of the map so far. Maybe it gets harder during Faith and Jacobs areas.

Interesting. I don't think I even knew there was an attack helicopter in the game. I've just been crushing with my AK and bow. The combination of the pilot guy and the girl with the bow is awesome. The pilot can just bomb an area with a group of people and the bow girl quickly takes down enemies with one shot, even the heavy guys. The AK just melts people, I love assaulting the bases head on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I played my neighbors copy a few mins trying it out. 1 very noticeable thing right away. No map in the corner to follow. I went through the settings and couldnt find any way to turn one on, or it seem like there even is one. First game like it without one Ive played. Is there one? Or am I just missing the setting for it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, I thoroughly enjoyed the ending. Lot's of people are going to hate it, but that felt solid to me.

My only real game-breaking complaint is how badly they break things up with those forced missions. Jacob Seed's were the worst.

All in all, I think the rest of it pulled together really well.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I enjoyed Far Cry 4 the most out of any of the FC games I've played. A lot of things are very much not black and white, and not everything is as it seems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×