Josh Allen

Kiwibrown

drafting josh Allen  

144 members have voted

1. 1. Id draft Josh Allen

1 hour ago, BleedTheClock said:

Here's another logical explanation:

His offensive line is horrible and he has to find an open WR in 2 seconds before he's running for his life. Oh, and the whole finding an open WR? Kind of hard when every single player on the field is blanketed.

I do think Allen needs to speed up his decision making, but even if you put Peyton Manning or Tom Brady behind this group, they wouldn't have anyone to get the football to. Every single one of his passes has to be laser accurate. Compare that to Baker Mayfield, for example, who gets the easiest throws in the world. He's got his pick of the litter as to who to throw the football to 90% of the time. There are no easy throws built in to Wyoming's offense. They run a pro style power run scheme and they take downfield shots off of that.

Do you guys really think Darnold/Rosen/Mayfield would have fared any better in Wyoming's offense?

Yes 100% he's terrible 

1 hour ago, Scout said:

Yes 100% he's terrible 

We're going to find out soon enough. I think it goes both ways. Allen is definitely overhyped because his arm is rare. That's what draws people in and piques their interest. On closer glance, he misses some pretty simple throws that should be made. But, he was forced into a pretty rough situation in that offense as well.

At this point, it's hard to determine which factor most influenced this hatred of a good guy. I know I'm guilty of it. I do not want to take a chance on him at #1. He has these glimmers of hope that can leave a football fan salivating, but it's just too inconsistent for me to trust that he will flourish.

1 hour ago, Scout said:

Yes 100% he's terrible 

lol this is an example of what I was talking about before. He's not terrible. Is he better than Darnold? Probably not, but your claim that he is terrible is obnoxiously off-base. Players that are terrible don't get put in the discussion for #1 overall pick. Sure JaMarcus Russell was terrible and went #1 overall, but he had a horrible work ethic--he wasn't a terrible player coming out of college. Josh Allen has an excellent mental makeup for the position. His accuracy is shaky, his mental clock needs to speed up slightly, and he needs to scan the field more consistently than he does right now. Those are a few of his flaws, but let's be honest: all of these QB's have severe flaws. If Josh Allen is terrible, so are 90% of QB prospects coming out of college.

I kind of consider myself kinda neutral on Josh Allen, obvious stuff to love – obvious stuff to be concerned about.

Quality of surrounding talent is something used to defend him, which might have varying degrees of merit to it. If he’s picked by a ‘bad’ team, which conceivably is going to happen given the top 5 hype – aren’t we immediately at that place again? The QB who can’t play to his potential because the surrounding pieces aren’t up to scratch. Let’s say he struggles, at what point does that become an illegitimate argument?

I guess I’m saying I’d like Josh Allen to go to a team that’s already kind of good.

9 hours ago, Scout said:

Yes 100% he's terrible 

lmao.  ok.  Darnold is careless with the football already, behind that ol with those wrs Darnold is throwing 20 picks and isnt getting drafted.  Rosen isnt staying healthy for more than 2 games behind that ol.  Mayfield?  Maybe, but his offense schemed guys open so often we havent really seen Mayfield have to throw to guys who are covered 100% of the time.

4 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

lmao.  ok.  Darnold is careless with the football already, behind that ol with those wrs Darnold is throwing 20 picks and isnt getting drafted.  Rosen isnt staying healthy for more than 2 games behind that ol.  Mayfield?  Maybe, but his offense schemed guys open so often we havent really seen Mayfield have to throw to guys who are covered 100% of the time.

Darnold had a terrible OL this year anyway and one reliable WR (who missed some time). He didn't exactly have it made either.

Just now, Superman(DH23) said:

Do you really want to compare the talent at usc to the talent at wyoming?  

I'm not saying it's comparable but if you think Sam Darnold was working with typical USC talent and would've been undrafted at Wyoming that's a laughable statement.

6 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

I'm not saying it's comparable but if you think Sam Darnold was working with typical USC talent and would've been undrafted at Wyoming that's a laughable statement.

Obviously I was using hyperbole but i have a very hard time seeing Darnold fare as well as Josh Allen on that Wyoming team.  And i look at the carelessness in football security as something that is a much bigger concern than Allen's comp%.  Darnold is the one of the big 4 qbs im most concerned about.

11 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

lol this is an example of what I was talking about before. He's not terrible. Is he better than Darnold? Probably not, but your claim that he is terrible is obnoxiously off-base. Players that are terrible don't get put in the discussion for #1 overall pick. Sure JaMarcus Russell was terrible and went #1 overall, but he had a horrible work ethic--he wasn't a terrible player coming out of college. Josh Allen has an excellent mental makeup for the position. His accuracy is shaky, his mental clock needs to speed up slightly, and he needs to scan the field more consistently than he does right now. Those are a few of his flaws, but let's be honest: all of these QB's have severe flaws. If Josh Allen is terrible, so are 90% of QB prospects coming out of college.

I'm just joking man. He's not terrible, but he's nowhere near the level of a first round QB, let alone #1 overall. I'd take him in the 3rd round. 

Arm strength (might have strongest arm in NFL day 1), and ability to extend are definitely starter worthy. 

But quarterback comes down to 2 things: accuracy and decision making. He's poor in both regards. 

His only career 300 yard passing games are against UNLV and Gardner Webb. He couldn't even throw for 100 yards against Hawaii... so all the sudden, he's going to do that against the Pittsburgh Steelers? 

1 minute ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Obviously I was using hyperbole but i have a very hard time seeing Darnold fare as well as Josh Allen on that Wyoming team.  And i look at the carelessness in football security as something that is a much bigger concern than Allen's comp%.  Darnold is the one of the big 4 qbs im most concerned about.

Why? He's significantly more accurate and great on the move. If anything he'd be a better fit for Wyoming than Josh Allen.

Just now, Bullet Club said:

Why? He's significantly more accurate and great on the move. If anything he'd be a better fit for Wyoming than Josh Allen.

Bc he doesnt have the ability to fit the ball into the windows that Allen had to throw into, but it would still try and throw a lot more picks.

4 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Darnold still has a lower INT % than Allen. And he's exponentially more accurate. I think he's an NFL starter but I don't see a special one. 

Unless you are a trainer/doctor at UCLA or have read his medical report from the combine I don't know how you can comment on Rosen's durability without that piece of context. I think he's a top 12 NFL QB.

Baker Mayfield is the best QB prospect in the idk how many years. Better than Wentz and Luck. He's going to win multiple MVP's. You comment on his "offense leading to wide open throws" but he had the best accuracy on tight window throws in the class per PFF. 

2 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Bc he doesnt have the ability to fit the ball into the windows that Allen had to throw into, but it would still try and throw a lot more picks.

He absolutely does. Sam Darnold has a really strong arm, better accuracy and can throw on the move better. He wouldn't miss the easy ones nearly as much either. Wyoming would almost certainly be a better team with Sam Darnold.

Archived