22 members have voted

1. 1. With the 8th pick in the 2018 NFL Draft, the Chicago Bears select

• Raquan Smith, LB - Georgia
    • Derwin James, DB - Florida State
    • Calvin Ridley, WR - Alabama
    • Denzel Ward, CB - Ohio State
    • Connor Williams. OL - Texas

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/03/2018 at 05:01 PM

1. Cleveland - Sam Darnold, QB - USC

2. New York Giants - Josh Rosen, QB - UCLA

3. New York Jets - Baker Mayfield, QB - Oklahoma

4. Cleveland - Saquon Barkley, RB - Penn St. 

5. Denver - Quentin Nelson, OG - Notre Dame

6. Indianapolis - Bradley Chubb, DE - NC State

7. Tampa Bay - Minkah Fitzpatrick, DB - Alabama

8. Chicago - 

They could go any number of routes here...if I were them and could do so in this scenario, I'd trade down a few spots with someone who covets Allen and add some picks.  But, standing still at this spot, I'd take Ward to pair up with Fuller, and send Amukamara to the bench.  

After trading up for a QB last year, the Bears should be doing everything they can to give him offensive pieces to work with as he learns. However, Ridley or Connor Williams may not be worth the pick. Will they take them anyways if they can't trade down? The two offensive choices strike me as small reaches here though.

58 minutes ago, disaacs said:

They could go any number of routes here...if I were them and could do so in this scenario, I'd trade down a few spots with someone who covets Allen and add some picks.  But, standing still at this spot, I'd take Ward to pair up with Fuller, and send Amukamara to the bench.  

Well Amukamara would be the #3 and wouldn't be on the bench as much as a 3rd linebacker would, but I agree with you here.

The Bears need MLB and OT help.  I doubt they address CB in the 1st with Fuller and Amukamara.  There are no WRs in the draft worth picking this high and they already added AR-15.  The pick comes down to Smith and Edmunds at MLB or Williams and McGlinchley at LT.  I think they choose to build up Trubisky's OL.

21 minutes ago, Kparty15 said:

The Bears need MLB and OT help.  I doubt they address CB in the 1st with Fuller and Amukamara.  There are no WRs in the draft worth picking this high and they already added AR-15.  The pick comes down to Smith and Edmunds at MLB or Williams and McGlinchley at LT.  I think they choose to build up Trubisky's OL.

They don't really need inside LB help with Trevathan and Kwiatkowski manning the inside...they could certainly use depth there, but they are competent.  They severely need OLB help moreso than ILB, as signee Aaron Lynch ain't all that good and they need someone to take the heat off of Floyd, who certainly has his own issues.  Drafting Smith (or Tremaine Edmunds, for that matter) doesn't make sense for them, as they both would play ILB in the 3-4 and the Bears are fine there.  

This where it gets tougher. With the "elite" players gone and QB hungry teams out of the way it comes down even more to needs...and Chicago has a few. To me I came down to Ridley and Ward, For me defense comes out on top...Ward it is.

Archived