7 Round Mock - Comprehensive with Player Comparisons & a few Trades

mr fluffles

8 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

Would you rather move up for Taven Bryan instead because the Falcons will gladly offer you the same deal if ya like him more than Hurst lol

Now as far as the Falcons draft it wasn't horrible by no means i liked a bit of it but i think we could have taken much better players and needs at certain positions and i'll show you what i would have went with compared to what you took.

Atlanta Falcons:

Taven Bryan, DT, Florida                       -       Taven Bryan - DE/DT  With no trade down this is a really good pick no change.

Austin Corbett, OG, Nevada                -         Hayden Hurst - TE

Da’Shawn Hand, DL, Alabama           -        Michael Gallup - WR

Tre’Quan Smith, WR, UCF                   -        P.J. Hall - DT

Brandon Facyson, CB, Virginia         -        Dimitri Flowers - FB -  We need a fullback badly our run game took a big hit after we lost Dimarco and coleman sucked last year.

Troy Apke, S, Penn State                  -         John Atkins - DT

Matthew Thomas, LB, FSU             -         Matthew Thomas, LB, FSU - im good with this im a FSU fan xD

I'd rather not make the trade to begin with and take Chubb at 4.  In fact, I'd rather not make any of the multiple trades the Browns make here. 

First of all, great effort on putting this together.

95% great for Cleveland. Two things though...Sony Michel is not a 1st rounder. Josh Jackson would be a much better pick. And, we already have 4 QBs on the roster, counting Darnold. Change the 6th rounder to Simmie Cobbs. 

Can't say I like giving up 2 2nds to move up to 27. Last year we did the same thing for a 4th. Also I'd be looking to rake the bills over for more than 12, 22 and 56. I know the points are not there but what three players out of the top 10 in the draft can have the same impact as Barkley or Chubb?

That is all

mastercheddaar

16 hours ago, The OUTLAW said:

Awful Browns picks.  IMO Chubb is worth more than McGlinchey and Michel and I don't see the need to move up for Hurst.  

I kind of figured Browns fans may not like the draft so much.  I had to fit a Bills trade up in somewhere!

For the record, Browns have suddenly become one of the tougher teams to draft for because its hard to know exactly where they stand after free agency and they have so many picks, with or without trades.  

I guess going BPA in general should be the general approach with an emphasis of fortifying their OL and DL, which I tried to capture.

18 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

Buffalo Bills:

Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma

DJ Chark, WR, LSU 

Harrison Phillips, DT, Stanford

Josey Jewell, LB, Iowa

Parry Nickerson, CB, Tulane

Kalen Ballage, RB, ASU   

Trey Quinn, WR, Southern Methodist

That is a pretty awesome draft. Would have liked to see Guard and more LB's addressed rather then another WR and RB. But those moves make sense too and not everything can be done in one year.

Once again I agree

KC has #78 from Washington.  I’d keep the same pick.  Overall pretty solid mock, knowing how it all played out, I’d do this the first 4 Rounds

Mike Hughes

Tim Settle

De’Shawn Hand

Jordan Whitehead

Genard Avery

Im not the biggest D. Armstrong fan, but getting him in the 7th would be fantastic.

54.   Kansas City – Mike Hughes, CB, Central Florida
78.   Washington- Tim Settle, DT, Virginia Tech
87.   Kansas City –Duke Ejiofor Edge, Wake Forest 
122.  Kansas City- Breeland Speaks, DL, Mississippi
124.  Kansas City (from LA Rams)- Jordan Whitehead, S, Pittsburgh

I like Hughes, but at the top of round 3. He's undersized and the Chiefs play press. This is a target rich pick, so go for the value, which is Braden Smith. Corbett deserves a look, because he can play C, but he's also half a round early. 

#78 belongs to the Chiefs (Alex Smith trade). The player could not be better.

No problem with the Duke, though I see a 4-3 team taking him top 75. 

Doubling up on DL is acceptable and Speaks is good value. Whitehead, not so much. The obvious player is Quessenberry. I would do that even with Smith at #54. Without him, it's imperative. 

J

Overall I like this draft for the Lions, but I'm not sure that Payne is a great fit for them or worth a 1st.  He's not a pass rusher and has a very similar skill set with A'Shawn Robinson.  Michel, Bryan, Davenport, Jackson, Hurst and Hernandez appear to be better options on your board.

LA Chargers:

Vita Vea, DT, Washington  - Yes please

Justin Reid, S, Stanford   - Fills a need

Mike White, QB, Western Kentucky  - No thanks, prefer Hynes, St Brown, or Nnadi... basically anyone but White

Joseph Noteboom, OT, Texas Christian - Okay pick

Chris Worley, LB, Ohio State - Good pick

Ito Smith, RB, Southern Mississippi State - I like this one

Byron Pringle, WR, Kansas State - I'd prefer the kicker from Florida here

Justin Lawler, Edge, Southern Methodist - Okay

Taron Johnson, CB, Weber State - Okay

Archived