Saints sign WR Cameron Meredith to offer sheet

CBears019

Just now, G08 said:

Windy. WR3 is not going to be featured in this offense. You... understand that, right?

It has gotten 60 targets a season over the last 3 years in a very similar offense.

That is while the TEs have gotten 170 targets and RBs getting 100 targets.

You also understand that WR 3 becomes WR 2 pretty quickly.

2 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I took it out to support your side of the argument

Alright let's look into this. You're terrified of Kevin White, who in my estimation, AT BEST, will be the 5th most targeted player on this team:

2017 Chiefs - 39 targets/21 receptions

2016 Chiefs - 51 targets/31 receptions

2015 Chiefs - 31 targets/17 receptions

Just now, G08 said:

Alright let's look into this. You're terrified of Kevin White, who in my estimation, AT BEST, will be the 5th most targeted player on this team:

2017 Chiefs - 39 targets/21 receptions

2016 Chiefs - 51 targets/31 receptions

2015 Chiefs - 31 targets/17 receptions

You are not accounting for injuries

Actual numbers based on 16 starts

2017: 55

2016: 69

2015: 55

The 5th most targeted player on this team still needs to handle 50 targets. I do not think you can handle 50 targets on IR.

1 minute ago, WindyCity said:

It has gotten 60 targets a season over the last 3 years in a very similar offense.

WR3 for the 2017 Chiefs had 39 targets, Windy

WR3 for the 2016 Chiefs had 69 targets and that was because Conley was a starter while Hill was not

WR3 for the 2015 Chiefs had 31 targets.

What. Are. You. Talking. About.

Just now, WindyCity said:

You are not accounting for injuries

And you aren't realizing that even if a WR goes down, we have a move TE and in line TE that will be getting looks. We have a RB that is going to get 50-70 looks in the passing game.

There are options, Nagy said himself that this offense is flexible to ACCOUNT for when players get hurt.

3 minutes ago, G08 said:

WR3 for the 2017 Chiefs had 39 targets, Windy

WR3 for the 2016 Chiefs had 69 targets and that was because Conley was a starter while Hill was not

WR3 for the 2015 Chiefs had 31 targets.

What. Are. You. Talking. About.

2017: Conly and Robinson: 55 targets

2016: Conly 69 targets [Maclin and Hill had more targets.] by definition Conly was the #3 target.

2015: Conley and Avant split the position in his rookie season 55 targets

1 minute ago, G08 said:

And you aren't realizing that even if a WR goes down, we have a move TE and in line TE that will be getting looks. We have a RB that is going to get 50-70 looks in the passing game.

There are options, Nagy said himself that this offense is flexible to ACCOUNT for when players get hurt.

Those numbers are accounting for 170 targets to the TE and 100 targets to the WR position.

Those target numbers already account for insane targets to other positions.

3 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Burton-100 which is a huge number

Shaheen-70

Cohen-70

Howard-30

You still have a #3 WR getting 55 targets.

And why you cut out Robinson and Gabriel is beyond me. This hurts my brain Windy.

2 minutes ago, G08 said:

And why you cut out Robinson and Gabriel is beyond me. This hurts my brain Windy.

I was only talking about targets to TEs and RBs. 

You said that the #3 WR is not important because they will target the TEs and RBs more in this offense. In KC they targeted the TE and RBs a ton and still threw the ball to the #3 WR 55 times.

The #3 WR is going to be involved because the Bears cannot reasonably target the TE position 200 times.

11 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I was only talking about targets to TEs and RBs. 

You said that the #3 WR is not important because they will target the TEs and RBs more in this offense. In KC they targeted the TE and RBs a ton and still threw the ball to the #3 WR 55 times.

The #3 WR is going to be involved because the Bears cannot reasonably target the TE position 200 times.

Okay, so sprinkle in Taylor Gabriel and Kevin White (whether you like it or not). Problem solved.

At this immediate moment, we have 6 targets in the passing game. If one goes down, we have 5 targets remaining. If another goes down, that's 4 targets remaining, which is not including the WR we likely are going to draft. This is way, way too much panic over WR3 who would likely be the 5th option (that's being generous) in the passing game.

Your bulk is going to Allen Robinson (he's going to get Kelce's share of targets). Taylor Gabriel is going to move all over the field and be utilized in a Tyreek Hill fashion (that's another 100 targets) and Trey Burton is going to get at least 80 targets if you listen to Pace/Nagy talk about how important the 'U' tight end is in this offense. That's more than 1/2 of your team's passing targets right there and still doesn't account for Cohen/Shaheen/White/Sims.

1 minute ago, G08 said:

Okay, so sprinkle in Taylor Gabriel and Kevin White (whether you like it or not). Problem solved.

At this immediate moment, we have 6 targets in the passing game. If one goes down, we have 5 targets remaining. If another goes down, that's 4 targets remaining, which is not including the WR we likely are going to draft. This is way, way too much panic over WR3 who would likely be the 5th option (that's being generous) in the passing game.

Yes, we do need to draft someone who can handle some targets.

Taylor Gabriel is already filling the role of the #2.

It is not whether I like Kevin White or not. It is that he is a non-factor because of injury.

I am not paniced, but to act like the #3 WR can be some bum is inaccurate. The #3 WR is going to play a far amount, if you look at the usages Nagy went 3 WR a lot more than Reid. We need someone who can suitably fill that role.

Archived