Saints sign WR Cameron Meredith to offer sheet

CBears019

3 minutes ago, G08 said:

I feel like a bit of an ******* here, but we're freaking out about how we can distribute 32 receptions with the assumption that Kevin White can't do it and one of Allen Robinson or Taylor Gabirle gets hurt?

16 to Shaheen

10 to Burton

6 to Howard

Done.

Or all 32 to a 2nd-4th round pick for 1/20 of the cost...

Just now, G08 said:

I feel like a bit of an ******* here, but we're freaking out about how we can distribute 32 receptions with the assumption that Kevin White can't do it and one of Allen Robinson or Taylor Gabirle gets hurt?

16 to Shaheen

10 to Burton

6 to Howard

Done.

They are already going to be heavily targeted.

No one is freaking out. But we need to find a player that can handle 55 targets and can be relied on for about 32 receptions. It is not really realistic to expect guys who are already expanding there roles by 4-5x to then add more production.

We need a WR that can be the #3. The free agent class does not really have anyone who really fits that build.

I really want to go OG in the 2nd round, but part of me sees them going WR, getting the guy to play the #3 role and who can step into a bigger role if needed and then addressing OG in the midrounds and getting Hiestand to coach him up.

17 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

It would be a reduced role for Meredith.

No I would not have relied on him alone, I would have paired him with a draft pick. 

I am saying that you cannot rely on a 0 year producer with 3 IR trips in 3 years.

That much is a given and just because Meredith was let go it doesn't mean the team will be doing that.

22 minutes ago, G08 said:

16 to Shaheen

10 to Burton

6 to Howard

Done.

Thinking White can contribute at all is foolish. Even with White contributing we'd still need Gentry or a draft pick to round things out. 

15 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I really want to go OG in the 2nd round, but part of me sees them going WR, getting the guy to play the #3 role and who can step into a bigger role if needed and then addressing OG in the midrounds and getting Hiestand to coach him up.

That's the thing--it almost locks them into going WR with their second pick. If only they kept Sitton...

4 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Thinking White can contribute at all is foolish. Even with White contributing we'd still need Gentry or a draft pick to round things out. 

That's the thing--it almost locks them into going WR with their second pick. If only they kept Sitton...

Why do people KEEP saying this? Pace is going to use a 2nd round pick on a guy who will catch 30 balls? He isn't going to force that unless the true BPA is a receiver.

2 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Why do people KEEP saying this? Pace is going to use a 2nd round pick on a guy who will catch 30 balls? He isn't going to force that unless the true BPA is a receiver.

I don't get it either dude. Not one bit.

You can write this down: barring some sort of trade, the Bears will not be drafting a WR in the first two rounds.

Just now, beardown3231 said:

If Gentry is capable of playing much better than he's shown, then it loosens things up quite a bit. If not, or they're nervous about trusting him (or whatever), then I think it forces their hand quite a bit. If Pace makes a trade and gets more picks out of it that changes things, but otherwise--where do you think he'd have to draft one? 

Dudes, we are going to rely on White again as the #3, just deal with it. You have to ride out out injury busts. Especially ones with high character. Also like I said, our 4th and 5th guy both will be on ST so a vet or a 2nd rd pick doesn't fit. Its going to be a late round or undrafted guy.

As far as this 55 target/32 rec thing it will literally just be everyone else. Daniel Brown, Sims, late rd WR, Gentry, Bellamy, you name it!

Not understanding this argument. Literally no team is loaded at WR really.

33 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

If Gentry is capable of playing much better than he's shown, then it loosens things up quite a bit. If not, or they're nervous about trusting him (or whatever), then I think it forces their hand quite a bit. If Pace makes a trade and gets more picks out of it that changes things, but otherwise--where do you think he'd have to draft one? 

4th or 5th round. 30 catches. That’s all they need. Relax

50 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

30 would be the minimum. KCs 3rd WRs are not that good and they have a crazy number going to the TEs.

2nd round would not shock me at all. The guy is pretty much guaranteed 55-60 targets and that is assuming Burton and Shaheen can carry a crazy number of TE targets. I think we are all probably over projecting both of them.

I think it will depend on value and fit. But my guess is that they have more faith in Hiestand to create a starter in the 4th round than Furrey.

14 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

4th or 5th round. 30 catches. That’s all they need. Relax

Assuming everyone is healthy and the TEs can handle a large volume of targets, I agree.

I have my doubts whether they want to get caught without WRs again. It would really depend on how much faith you have in the 4th round WR talent.

Archived