Saints sign WR Cameron Meredith to offer sheet

CBears019

19 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

What if his knee is fine but he has 45 catches, 550 yards and 3 TD’s? Does Pace look fine then?

Do you honestly see this happening if he is healthy and Drew Brees throwing him the ball? Cause I don't.

2 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

Allen Robinson is also coming off injury. White is an injury waiting to happen. The Saints have done their own medical reports.

It simply wasn't a good move. It does indicate that Pace knows that there will be a lot of significant cuts before the season starts, and that he's optimistic about some mid-round guys--which I can totally see...

Allen Robinson is coming off a torn ACL.  Cam Meredith is coming off a Torn ACL and MCL, and when you tear both of those ligaments simultaneously, its an injury that really is more than the sum of its parts.  That is a devastating knee injury, whereas tearing just one typically does not have the same recovery issues.  Cam couldn't even put a timetable on his return when asked the other day. 

The Saints may have done a physical (not sure if that would have happened yet or not), but they were not there for the actual injury, they didn't do the surgery, and they weren't there for the physical therapy. 

White has had injury problems, this isn't about white.  I'm simply saying that they are relying on him more now, and not saying whether or not that is a good or bad thing. 

It may not be a good move to let him go, but its not a bad move necessarily either. 

25 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

What if his knee is fine but he has 45 catches, 550 yards and 3 TD’s? Does Pace look fine then?

He may. If Robinson misses any time of note and we have Gabriel as our 1, then Pace and Nagy will look like fools IMO. He is the only proven number 1 or 2 on the team. Burton is a complete projection and Gabriel is a deep threat who didn't make major numbers with Shanhan calling plays, Ryan slinging the rock, and Jones being the one the defenses fear. 

Add in that our number 3 TE is making more than Cam was and tjis just seems bizarre.   

I hope it works out well for us and Cam both, but i feel like we now have to draft a WR. I'm scared of relying on White and right now we are looking at numerous guys and saying "This will probably work." 

4 hours ago, G08 said:

I remember people freaking out that we let Matt Slauson go, and then Cody Whitehair was drafted and kicked *** from day 1.

Except when it comes to snapping the ball in shotgun... he is not what I would call "good" at that.

53 minutes ago, Pool said:

Do you honestly see this happening if he is healthy and Drew Brees throwing him the ball? Cause I don't.

Some of you really think Cam Meredith is a top of the line WR, don’t you? We are talking about Cam Meredith.

5 minutes ago, bkokot said:

Except when it comes to snapping the ball in shotgun... he is not what I would call "good" at that.

Except that can be corrected. Would you rather he be good at that & not blocking? Way to add to the topic at hand

1 hour ago, Heinz D. said:

There's definitely a particular strategy in place (even though there doesn't appear to be at first glance). Maclin, Dez, something...

Yeah- you paid 3 pass catchers $100 million, you used a 2nd rounder last year on a pass catcher, you traded up for a QB, your run game is great, and your back up RB is versatile as hell. Strategy found!

8 minutes ago, blkwdw13 said:

I was thinking about the Bears taking Antonio Callway and Daurice Fountain before the Bears let Meredith go as a high upside luxury, and now I like it even more.

People here think Arden Key won’t even be on Pace’s board due to OTF issues, and if you’re with them, Pace likely doesn’t even know Callaway exists. Shame, because he’d be a 1st round pick if he wasn’t such a dope.

22 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

People here think Arden Key won’t even be on Pace’s board due to OTF issues, and if you’re with them, Pace likely doesn’t even know Callaway exists. Shame, because he’d be a 1st round pick if he wasn’t such a dope.

I know he’s most likely not on Pace’s board but personally I just think he to good not to take a risk in the 4th if he even makes it there. 

15 minutes ago, IronMike84 said:

Spinzone: this opens things up for everybody’s favorite receiver, Tanner Gentry.

I can't speak for everyone else, but he was only high on my "get him on the field" list because of how much of a dumpster fire the rest of the WRs where, his preseason flashes, and him being an as of that point unknown commodity at the NFL level....  The theory was that it couldn't hurt to try him out, and that it was at least worth seeing what we had in him.

He got his shot, and failed pretty hard, despite them literally forcing a few passes his way.  He's a known commodity now... and this year I'm rather indifferent to him making the roster or not.

This thread is crazy haha....we invested heavily in 3 TE's( cash and a 2nd rndr), and heavily in WR's( cash and a 1st) , that's 6 skill players who will need snaps/playing time to justify their cost and NONE of them play special teams. That's not even mentioning our pro bowl RB and leading pass catcher last year at RB. Basically the only choice was choosing between an injured 1st rounder and an injured undrafted guy....just on pride alone you have to pick the 1st rounder.....honestly if the Bears released White and the Saints signed him, who would you feel more bad about if they had a breakout year??

I think this is a unique position the Bears are in where they actually need their back end WR's to be MORE special teamers than actual offensive weapons. Like if Eddie Jackson starts at FS who is our returner even?? I think the Bears obviously draft a WR late but I would guess even then it would be almost entirely based on ST value

End of the day we just don't have room for 3 rehabbing WR's who don't play ST

20 minutes ago, MonserinNC said:

I think this is a unique position the Bears are in where they actually need their back end WR's to be MORE special teamers than actual offensive weapons. Like if Eddie Jackson starts at FS who is our returner even?? I think the Bears obviously draft a WR late but I would guess even then it would be almost entirely based on ST value

End of the day we just don't have room for 3 rehabbing WR's who don't play ST

I say this all the time and I’m always told I’m wrong.

8 minutes ago, IronMike84 said:

I say this all the time and I’m always told I’m wrong.

Naw you are totally right...the Bears are unconventional....we basically have 3 TE's and an almost exclusively pass catching RB who all need touches....that's the offense....if you look at the Chiefs they weren't heavily WR oriented either.....our bottom 2/3 WR's need to be returners or physical enough to be gunners....and that's not even including Daniel Brown who could be a 4th TE on this roster

Archived