Saints sign WR Cameron Meredith to offer sheet

CBears019

19 minutes ago, G08 said:

I think you're a little hysterical right now, because I know you understand financial allocation as it applies to NFL rosters.

There is 0 financial risk to the Meredith deal.

Not hysterical. This was a stupid move at a positon where we have little to no depth and have been crushed by depth issues in the Pace regime.

This is a dumb move. You are allowed to admit it.

Well, I hate to say I told you so, but.........

His knee clearly checked out if NO put in a 5m per offer sheet, that wasn’t it. Obviously those who thought he’d be the 2nd-3rd target on this team we’re wrong. Robinson’s the X, Whites the Y, Gabriel/Cohen are the Zs. I still bet dollars to donuts we don’t draft a WR until day 3. 

My ONLY gripe is how on earth Dion Sims is on this team at 6+. Moot point I guess...

2 minutes ago, pigsooie5 said:

Well, I hate to say I told you so, but.........

His knee clearly checked out if NO put in a 5m per offer sheet, that wasn’t it. Obviously those who thought he’d be the 2nd-3rd target on this team we’re wrong. Robinson’s the X, Whites the Y, Gabriel/Cohen are the Zs. I still bet dollars to donuts we don’t draft a WR until day 3. 

My ONLY gripe is how on earth Dion Sims is on this team at 6+. Moot point I guess...

If the knee was junk they should have addressed this in free agency with more depth.

Or address LG so you have one less serious need in the draft,

23 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

So your solution to add depth behind a guy coming off a torn ACL is to have a guy coming off a torn ACL/MCL?

People are talking about Kevin White as a key depth piece after playing 5 games in 3 seasons.

Options are options.

3 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

There is 0 financial risk to the Meredith deal.

Not hysterical. This was a stupid move at a positon where we have little to no depth and have been crushed by depth issues in the Pace regime.

This is a dumb move. You are allowed to admit it.

Again, for all you know, Nagy told Pace he doesn't have a role for Meredith in this offense since we have Robinson, Burton, Gabriel and Shaheen. That's not even taking Cohen into account, or running the ball with Jordan Howard.

There's only one football.

46 minutes ago, G08 said:

1. Allen Robinson

2. Trey Burton

3. Taylor Gabriel

4. Tarik Cohen

5. Adam Shaheen

6. Kevin White

1 Allen Robinson is good but not great. 

2 dude had 20 catches last year and everyone is acting like we signed the messiah

3 guy played for an elite passing team with an elite qb and put up abysmal stats so I still don't see what people are expecting to get out of him as our now #2 guy

4 rb 

5 Shaheen is raw af who knows if he'll ever stop being raw af

6 If you think white is ever going to even have a game with more than 35 yards receiving then you have an impressive amount of faith in humanity I guess.

7 Bellamy should never see the field as anything but ST. Rashied Davis over here. 

Genuinely the only only people I even care about on the roster are Robinson and Shaheen. I don't care if everyone says Gabriel is an outside guy not slot but I'm not putting a 5'6" 300 yard a year midget on the outside as a 2. Meredith's knee must've gone through a meat grinder cause he would've been ok as a 3. Imo we definitely need to draft one in the first round or two now. 

2 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

If there’s no Meredith match I think a trade down from 8 feels like much more of a possibility, because of exactly this. 

I agree.  Takes two to tango though.  Hope they find a partner.  

2 minutes ago, Tyty said:

1 Allen Robinson is good but not great. 

2 dude had 20 catches last year and everyone is acting like we signed the messiah

3 guy played for an elite passing team with an elite qb and put up abysmal stats so I still don't see what people are expecting to get out of him as our now #2 guy

4 rb 

5 Shaheen is raw af who knows if he'll ever stop being raw af

6 If you think white is ever going to even have a game with more than 35 yards receiving then you have an impressive amount of faith in humanity I guess.

7 Bellamy should never see the field as anything but ST. Rashied Davis over here. 

Genuinely the only only people I even care about on the roster are Robinson and Shaheen. I don't care if everyone says Gabriel is an outside guy not slot but I'm not putting a 5'6" 300 yard a year midget on the outside as a 2. Meredith's knee must've gone through a meat grinder cause he would've been ok as a 3. Imo we definitely need to draft one in the first round or two now. 

Holy Debbie Downer

5 minutes ago, G08 said:

Again, for all you know, Nagy told Pace he doesn't have a role for Meredith in this offense since we have Robinson, Burton, Gabriel and Shaheen. That's not even taking Cohen into account, or running the ball with Jordan Howard.

There's only one football.

5 million would be worth it just for the depth.

2 minutes ago, pigsooie5 said:

Holy Debbie Downer

Just sayin bruh. If we want Tru to have a 4000 yard season Were gonna need to bring in a total of 20 receivers so they can all get 200 yards each

Archived