Trevor Davis arrested for bomb joke at airport

AlexGreen#20

8 minutes ago, MantyWrestler said:

The question should be is the 3rd ranked punt returner and a useless wide receiver worth more than a productive wide receiver and the 15th-20 ranked returner?

Are you talking about your 4th WR, 5th WR, 6th WR?

4th WR, you probably prefer the better offensive weapon. 5th WR, you take the specials edge.

A 5th receiver who can play on the coverage unit and is decent as a returner might have more ST value than Davis.

Hard to give you answers to questions regarding non specified players. 

4 hours ago, MantyWrestler said:

The question should be is the 3rd ranked punt returner and a useless wide receiver worth more than a productive wide receiver and the 15th-20 ranked returner?

Yeah but he's fast dude. Don't you read the internet? The fastest you are the better you are (in Madden)

4 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Because being a "bad" player in the NFL doesn't mean you consistently and exclusively make bad plays. --You aren't tripping over your feet and stumbling constantly---. Being a bad NFL player and being a very inconsistent NFL player is one and the same. 

So he's not Ethan Albright?

https://247sports.com/college/south-carolina/Board/44/Contents/Ethan-Albrights-letter-to-John-Madden-strong-language-10792279

Okay, so the kid popped off at the mouth at the wrong place and at the wrong time.  And?  He is paying for it.

No need to cut him.  He's a young man, let him try to learn from it and move on.

Concerning the football field?  Big year for him.  He needs to show that he added some playing weight and that he can be reliable.  I believe that clubs tend to be more patient with projects like Davis than they are with projects like Allison (fast versus non-fast).  You can't teach speed.  I'd be thrilled if the light went on for him this year.  GB could use an outside weapon.

12 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Okay, so the kid popped off at the mouth at the wrong place and at the wrong time.  And?  He is paying for it.

No need to cut him.  He's a young man, let him try to learn from it and move on.

Concerning the football field?  Big year for him.  He needs to show that he added some playing weight and that he can be reliable.  I believe that clubs tend to be more patient with projects like Davis than they are with projects like Allison (fast versus non-fast).  You can't teach speed.  I'd be thrilled if the light went on for him this year.  GB could use an outside weapon.

Nice use of the "weapon" after Davis' bomb comment.  Very slick.

24 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

10 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Nice use of the "weapon" after Davis' bomb comment.  Very slick.

Only took 10 minutes for someone to catch that.  Nice job!!!!

2 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Thanks for bringing the conversation back to normal.  Have to laugh at all the Judges who consistently want to cut WRs before their third year. WRs take three years to develop.  It's an old axiom, but never was more true than playing WR for ARodgers.  I don't even really like this kid, but he is fast. Yes, he got shut down his rookie year, most Packer WRs start very slowly. Then, lucky for him, Hundley was his QB for most of last year!  I have trouble blaming Davis for that.  So he heads into his third year as an accomplished returner with speed.  I would like to see what he can do.

How many of you calling for his head now were also calling for D Adams head after year two?  Be honest.

20 hours ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

TSA people have no sense of humor. Zero. None. Nada. NEVER joke with them about anything. NEVER.

They mildly chuckle when I make references to "throwing up the ROC" a'la Jay Z when getting scanned.

On ‎4‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 5:57 PM, AlexGreen#20 said:

Lot of people in here eager to write off Davis. Not saying he's ever going to be a star, but the guy's got decent potential as a #3/4 guy who does well on specials as a returner. That's not a throw away piece. 

Do you think he can eventually develop into a Desean Jackson type receiver? Athletically they're pretty similar.

23 hours ago, vegas492 said:

DeAndre Hopkins is not exactly a speedy receiver, yet he's one of the best receivers in the NFL. The issue with Davis is mental IMHO. He just hasn't put it all together. On the other hand, the only physical issue I see with him are the fact that his routes are incredibly mechanical because he's really not a very fluid athlete.

7 minutes ago, Joe said:

DeAndre Hopkins is not exactly a speedy receiver, yet he's one of the best receivers in the NFL. The issue with Davis is mental IMHO. He just hasn't put it all together. On the other hand, the only physical issue I see with him are the fact that his routes are incredibly mechanical because he's really not a very fluid athlete.

I'm confused...are you trying to compare Davis to Hopkins?  Man, they are completely different kind of receivers in almost every way imaginable.

14 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I'm confused...are you trying to compare Davis to Hopkins?  Man, they are completely different kind of receivers in almost every way imaginable.

You wanted to keep Davis over Allison because of his speed. Allison has been far more productive as a WR than Davis has. Don't get me wrong, I'd want the speedier receiver any day of the week but in this specific case, give me the slower receiver with better production, physicality, and a knack for getting open.

Archived