Let’s say the Bears didn’t draft Trubisky last year...

beardown3231

Who would you want Pace to trade up for this year?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you want Pace to trade up for this year?

• Darnold
    • Rosen
    • Mayfield
    • Allen

PFF guys are saying its Baker and 2nd isn't close using analytics.

None of NFL guys seem to agree.  They say, 'He small.'  We'll see I guess.  PFF are banging that drum hard.  If he doesn't pan out they will have to self evaluate.  If he does, then rest of NFL will.  

Darnold and Rosen were the two guys EVERYBODY was waiting for going all the way back to 2016 and Goff and Wentz.  Goff and Wentz were just guys and they said nobody good was coming in 2017 class.  It was the uber special 2018 QB class that had everyone excited with Allen and possibly Lamar Jackson being in the mix too.

Then they weren't so good in 2017 when they were supposed to shine and now the bloom is off the rose.  Still other than on field play, these guys seem to check all the boxes of NFL QB prototypes.  

Also kept hearing, "there are no Mariota's and Winston's in this class" speaking of Goff and Wentz as top two options in 2016.  

Now funnily enough Mariota and Winston haven't been that good and Goff and Wentz are excelling.  

2017 class looks to have some potential as well.  Bears O was a joke, but I think it's clear MT has some talent.  Watson played very well prior to getting hurt.  And KC just shipped their pro bowl QB to Redskins in favor of their rookie so they must have seen something.

@dll2000 I will say you can look back and see I've hated Winston for a long time and had a fair bit of backlash on Mariota being worth the pick at 2. Winston is overrated now and was as a prospect. Marita is better than I pegged him to be though and helped open me to spead-system QBs. Him and Cam were the main ones really. 

13 minutes ago, pigsooie5 said:

You guys should go! Im in Albuquerque but I’ve been planning to make the trip out there whenever the schedules released. 

I go to an away game every year so I’m thinking Arizona (because I’ve never been) or Miami (because it’ll be 8 years until they go back)

13 hours ago, Sugashane said:

@dll2000 I will say you can look back and see I've hated Winston for a long time and had a fair bit of backlash on Mariota being worth the pick at 2. Winston is overrated now and was as a prospect. Marita is better than I pegged him to be though and helped open me to spead-system QBs. Him and Cam were the main ones really. 

Nice.

I was banging drum hard for Wentz.  When I played GM on this site for Bears that year I tried hard to trade up for him - this was before the big actual trades.  

I still had an awesome draft looking back, got a lot of guys I targeted that are doing very well in league.  Not real and draft wasn’t same order obviously so it’s not fair, but did way better than Pace did.  Never studied draft so hard as that year.  I watched hundreds of guys a lot. Game was kinda fun. 

I didn’t look at Mariota and Winston because I wasn’t paying attention to QBs that year.  I haven’t looked at this years QBs either.  

Archived