House re-signs a 1 year deal

Arthur Penske

Veteran leadership should not be ignored when looking into this signing. If anything its a smart move based on that. We all know we are going CB in the draft at some point. House along with Williams will be great in that locker room. I get we don't want them at no.1 and no.2 on the field, but I doubt that was ever the plan. Would you rather have a 6th round rookie or UDFA subbing for injuries? We have seen that movie before, and it was ugly. At least with those guys we can make adjustments they can handle. This is a smart move, and honestly one that people have been crying to do for years. These are the FA's you bring in when you want to win now. 

1 hour ago, Toddfather said:

Veteran leadership should not be ignored when looking into this signing. If anything its a smart move based on that. We all know we are going CB in the draft at some point. House along with Williams will be great in that locker room. I get we don't want them at no.1 and no.2 on the field, but I doubt that was ever the plan. Would you rather have a 6th round rookie or UDFA subbing for injuries? We have seen that movie before, and it was ugly. At least with those guys we can make adjustments they can handle. This is a smart move, and honestly one that people have been crying to do for years. These are the FA's you bring in when you want to win now. 

Definitely a smart move. I just hope its "a" move, not "the" move at CB. You said it, House is a sub player. We still need a No. 2.

9 hours ago, Burnett42 said:

With House being best at press man and Williams being best at off man, can Petine have press on one side and off man on the other? 

Absolutely, it's about as common as both guys playing one way. Cover-6 basically requires it. 

Archived