House re-signs a 1 year deal

Arthur Penske

House stinks and I hate this quid pro quo stuff. This better be a minimal deal where we can cut bait when he gets beat out by a draft pick/Pipkins or Rollins or Waters. All this does is give us flexibility during the draft. I wish they would've taken a shot on Breaux instead.

Just now, TheBitzMan said:

House stinks and I hate this quid pro quo stuff. This better be a minimal deal where we can cut bait when he gets beat out by a draft pick/Pipkins or Rollins or Waters. All this does is give us flexibility during the draft. I wish they would've taken a shot on Breaux instead.

You realize that it could be worse, right?  The Packers are better with House than they are without him. 

Remember who is telling you this.  I am.  I'm telling you this.  What does that tell you? 

7 minutes ago, TheBitzMan said:

Doubt that happens, at worse case he'll be your 3rd or 4th guy on the depth chart which is pretty good for the kind of player he is. I'd still keep him if he gets beat out by the top 3 players we have.

16 minutes ago, TheBitzMan said:

First off, do you really believe that he's going to get much?  We're more than a month out from the start of FA, and he's just now signing a 1 year deal with the team who signed him for 2016.  I feel pretty damn confident that the Packers didn't invest much into him.  Secondly, how does this prevent the Packers from signing Breaux if they wanted to.

I'd look to resign Brooks maybe, or maybe we should resign Goode. Really anyone Gute talks to about resigning who's willing to resign I think should resign. If they don't resign before the draft, look for them to resign after, that's usually the time that guys who still need to resign usually resign.

1 hour ago, pollino14 said:

Very happy with this move. Great veteran experience and nice depth. Him , Tramon, King and a high draft pick will be a formidable group. With a better pass rush than last year, the unit as a whole should perform a lot better.

King, Tramon and House as a trio is the worst in the NFC North and a bottom 10 group in the NFL. Maybe King changes that conversation if hes a shut down guy in year 2, but right now let's not pretend the offseason has been a success at CB. It hasnt.

3 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

King, Tramon and House as a trio is the worst in the NFC North and a bottom 10 group in the NFL. Maybe King changes that conversation if hes a shut down guy in year 2, but right now let's not pretend the offseason has been a success at CB. It hasnt.

I don't believe they are done at CB, they will draft one.  Don't panic!

4 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

On face value, yes. But if King makes that second year jump like we obviously expect then it’s a different story.

And if we add an early round CB I’ll consider it a success. Veteran depth and a promising rookie not bad from where we’ve been.

16 minutes ago, pollino14 said:

But if King makes that second year jump like we obviously expect then it’s a different story.

I am hoping for a steady 2nd year from King.  Just gets a bit tricky when the % of the jump happening probably falls around a 50/50 proposition. 

3 minutes ago, squire12 said:

I am hoping for a steady 2nd year from King.  Just gets a bit tricky when the % of the jump happening probably falls around a 50/50 proposition. 

For sure it’s not a given. I was pretty impressed with him last year, bum shoulder and all. I’m optimistic. Risk is there though.

1 hour ago, TheBitzMan said:

DQ3Rx.gif

Archived