House re-signs a 1 year deal

Arthur Penske

"In his 12 games last season, House gave up three touchdown passes and tied with Randall for most passes of 20 or more yards allowed with five. He finished with four missed tackles, which was the second-fewest of any of the team’s defensive backs who played at least 15 percent of the defensive snaps.

Despite his injuries, House never missed more than two games in a row and played two weeks after breaking the transverse process in his back against the Cleveland Browns. With nothing to gain in the season finale and plenty of reason to play it safe, House returned against the Detroit Lions after re-injuring his shoulder.

The 28-year-old House started 12 games last season and played 62.7 percent of the defensive snaps, second only to Damarious Randall’s 68.7 percent. House fought through hamstring, thigh, back and shoulder injuries during his return to the Packers after spending two seasons in Jacksonville, but was a first-teamer when healthy"

https://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2018/04/12/cornerback-davon-house-agrees-one-year-deal-return-packers/483864002/

7 minutes ago, Leader said:

Something tells me they didnt put Davis's luggage on the plane..........
I dont know why I think that.....but I do!  :)

Probably not.  So now House cannot go forward with his evil plan.  Davis was framed!!!!  Free Davis!  It was House all along!

At least he is in Hawai'i though.  

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

"In his 12 games last season, House gave up three touchdown passes and tied with Randall for most passes of 20 or more yards allowed with five. He finished with four missed tackles, which was the second-fewest of any of the team’s defensive backs who played at least 15 percent of the defensive snaps.

Despite his injuries, House never missed more than two games in a row and played two weeks after breaking the transverse process in his back against the Cleveland Browns. With nothing to gain in the season finale and plenty of reason to play it safe, House returned against the Detroit Lions after re-injuring his shoulder.

The 28-year-old House started 12 games last season and played 62.7 percent of the defensive snaps, second only to Damarious Randall’s 68.7 percent. House fought through hamstring, thigh, back and shoulder injuries during his return to the Packers after spending two seasons in Jacksonville, but was a first-teamer when healthy"

https://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2018/04/12/cornerback-davon-house-agrees-one-year-deal-return-packers/483864002/

That is always the problem with him though.  He is always injured.  He obviously likes GB, which is a plus.  I think, and this is one of the most monumental IF's that we can if, IF he can stay healthy he will be a positive starter.  He won't be 2009 Darrelle Revis, but is that what the expectations are? I expect him to be somewhere between good and average.  If we get a better pass rush, and that is more than fine.

I'm quite happy with this signing. At the very least, House is serviceable depth for a team lacking bodies at corner. At best, he's a good fit for Pettine's defense and reminds us why a lot of people (myself included) were excited when we brought him back last offseason. Remember he's only 28 (turning 29 this summer). Of course this does not preclude us from drafting a corner, and there's also the possibility that one of our youngsters like Pipkins relegates House to the bench or street.

17 minutes ago, Cadmus said:

You really picked the wrong guy to argue this point with. 

If Pettine uses press more, a healthy House will be fine.

We'll have to agree to disagree.  I don't think House is just going to suddenly become more athletic.  He couldn't run with WRs last year so I have trouble believing that he'll suddenly be capable of this this season.  There is a reason not a team in the league will touch him.  For the second year in a row he's likely picking the Packers over his couch.

Pick your poison though.  If Pettine uses press man, Williams will not be fine.  He's bordered on terrible when he isn't able to afford the guy across from him 10 or 15 yards.  I don't understand that because Williams is now  a Packer that fans will just up and ignore the vast majority of his play in the last 4 years.  His success last year was 100% the result of the scheme. 

Just now, packfanfb said:

I'm definitely okay with this assuming he didn't get over $1.5mil or so. To me, hes just a body at this point but better insurance vs some UDFA. Does nothing to change my mind about adding DRC or Breeland.

Damn. Gonna have to build an extension on that Secondary room :)

5 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I'm definitely okay with this assuming he didn't get over $1.5mil or so. To me, hes just a body at this point but better insurance vs some UDFA. Does nothing to change my mind about adding DRC or Breeland.

How can you say that when he's avy worthy to you? 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ6El5ort-KVlOgc80i_RO

40 minutes ago, ArthurPensky said:

I mean, Williams is just so unathletic: 

Tramon Williams against newly minted $84 million man Kirk Cousins last season: pic.twitter.com/wTubGx2Dyo

— Jason Wilde (@jasonjwilde) March 23, 2018

Time will tell.  Its crazy how the second a player becomes a Packer past seasons are completely ignored.  Its like chose to believe that Tramon Williams never played football in Cleveland.

I stand by my comment. At his advanced age, I don't believe Tramon Williams to be a good athlete when compared to his peers.  He's gonna need a 10 or 15 yard cushion if we're going to expect to have the same success Arizona did with him last year.  I don't believe he's capable of lining up, playing press man and running with most WRs anymore with any sort of consistency.  He was terrible at it in his last year in GB and his time in Cleveland. 

9 minutes ago, ArthurPensky said:

How can you say that when he's avy worthy to you? 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ6El5ort-KVlOgc80i_RO

Ha, i don't dislike House as a player. He's also a great guy. But he's a No. 4 CB. I hope GB treats him as such. We still need a true No. 2 guy IMO.

Archived