House re-signs a 1 year deal

Arthur Penske

Have zero problem with House IF you use him correctly. Same with Tramon. Expecting either to be a #1 is not fair to them or us. Problem is, expecting King to be the #1 is dangerous too. Hell expecting pick #14 to be the #1 is dangerous. Looks like we might go into the season with some hopes and dreams and pray it doesn't end up a dumpster fire. Same could be said for Josh Jones since the two are somewhat linked

1 hour ago, pollino14 said:

On face value, yes. But if King makes that second year jump like we obviously expect then it’s a different story.

And if we add an early round CB I’ll consider it a success. Veteran depth and a promising rookie not bad from where we’ve been.

We should still go all out for Breeland if healthy. He's 26 and has a future. Tramon and House are basically 1 year deals. The goal going into 2019 should be King in year 3, Breeland, and 2nd year guy we draft this year. 

9 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

We should still go all out for Breeland if healthy. He's 26 and has a future. Tramon and House are basically 1 year deals. The goal going into 2019 should be King in year 3, Breeland, and 2nd year guy we draft this year. 

I don’t know much about him but I’m sure Gute is smart enough to know House and Tramon are stop gaps. If they like Breeland and the price is right, the signing of House and Tramon aren’t gonna stop it 

1 hour ago, cannondale said:

Have zero problem with House IF you use him correctly. Same with Tramon. Expecting either to be a #1 is not fair to them or us. Problem is, expecting King to be the #1 is dangerous too. Hell expecting pick #14 to be the #1 is dangerous. Looks like we might go into the season with some hopes and dreams and pray it doesn't end up a dumpster fire. Same could be said for Josh Jones since the two are somewhat linked

Since there isn't a clear cut number 1, and all of them can play outside, I think there will be a 3 way battle there. Perhaps just put Tramon at the RCB or Number 2 spot where he played well last year, but I think there will be a battle for the top spot from all three. House did play as our number 1 last year too.

5 hours ago, Cadmus said:

Less athletic...?  Yes, a bunch of NFL teams have less athletic CB trios.. probably close to a 1/3 or 1/2 the teams in the NFL.

Less inspiring group of CBs is probably what you were looking for.

I agree. Less inspiring. Davon House and Kevin King are both bigger corners that ran in the low 4.4s. That is not unathletic. These guys are the epitome of Height, Weight, Speed specimen. I think Kevin King is actually a freakish athlete. 6'3, 4.43 40 time, 39.5" vertical, and a 6.56 3 cone. I was pretty impressed from what I saw of Kevin King last year and think he will make big strides his 2nd and 3rd years and develop into a very nice player.

14 hours ago, CWood21 said:

First off, do you really believe that he's going to get much?  We're more than a month out from the start of FA, and he's just now signing a 1 year deal with the team who signed him for 2016.  I feel pretty damn confident that the Packers didn't invest much into him.  Secondly, how does this prevent the Packers from signing Breaux if they wanted to.

I am just being overly dramatic. Had my sights set on greener pastures. I understand the reasoning behind the signing, doesn't mean I can't want a better player. 

Gotta think that TT would have valued youth over experience.  Gute has chosen experience...for now.

I like it.

At the very least, there are now two veteran corners in that meeting room.  They can probably rub off on some of the younger guys and hopefully accelerate the learning curve.

Not just for Pipkens, Hawkins and such...but also for the rookie(s) that will be drafted at corner.

I like the move.  Makes the team more competitive.  Our secondary will be better with House and Tramon than it was without them.  At least for this year.

1 hour ago, TheBitzMan said:

yes that was dumb of me. I meant status quo, lol.

I actually read it the first time as status quo lol. I had to go back like what is he talking about to notice. I can't read good.

16 hours ago, Pilprin said:

Probably draft more than one...but the safety net is in place.

Agreed, they could draft 1 or 2 of the following players that could play both CB and S, some like to use the phrase, Swiss Army Knifes of the backfield.  Fitzpatrick, James, Gaulden and Neal.

Archived