Morettis's Last Mock

moretti19

Just want to say I have had a lot of fun posting mocks this year and appreciate all the feedback. Just sticking to the draft on this because i think after the House signing we are done with free agents.

Alabama_logo.gif Minkah Fitzpatrick*, S, Alabama 
Height: 6-0. Weight: 204. Arm: 31.25. Hand: 9.38. 
40 Time: 4.46. 
Projected Round (2018): Top-16. 

3/17/18: At the combine, Fitzpatrick ran well in the 40-yard dash and had a good workout. He totaled 60 tackles, one interception, eight passes broken up and a forced fumble in 2017. Fitzpatrick played well, covering receivers downfield, staying around the ball, and helping out his cornerbacks. With his versatility, he can play nickel corner over slot receivers, cover tight ends in man, and be the deep free safety center fielder who protects the deep part of the field. He also can function as a strong safety and be the eighth man in the box. 
minkah-fitzpatrick-120316-getty-ftr_1f03

RD2. 13

Colorado_logo.gif Isaiah Oliver, CB, Colorado 
Height: 6-0. Weight: 201. Arm: 33.5. Hand: 9.75. 
40 Time: 4.50. 
Projected Round (2018): 1-2. 

3/17/18: Oliver had a strong combine performance with a good 40 time and an impressive showing in the field work. Oliver has size, length, and movement skills, but he didn't always play up to his skill set. He also needs a lot of work to play off-man coverage. In 2017, Oliver totaled 13 passes broken up, two interceptions and 25 tackles. In speaking to some team sources, they thought Oliver could be a solid second-day pick in the 2018 NFL Draft, but some second-rounders will go late in the first round and Oliver could be in that mix.
fkUY049u.jpg

RD3.12

Oklahoma_logo.gif Mark Andrews*, TE, Oklahoma 
Height: 6-5. Weight: 256. Arm: 32.5. Hand: 9.5. 
40 Time: 4.67. 
Projected Round (2018): 2-3. 

4/7/18: Andrews caught 62 passes for 958 yards and eight touchdowns in 2017. He played well for Oklahoma. Andrews is a good athlete with quickness and is a dangerous receiver down the seam. He has to improve his blocking significantly for the NFL. 
586b3f997f34d.image.jpg

Rd4.1

Kansas_logo.gif Dorance Armstrong Jr.*, 3-4OLB, Kansas 
Height: 6-4. Weight: 257. Arm: 34.75. 
40 Time: 4.87. 
Projected Round (2018): 2-3. 

3/25/18: Armstrong has an excellent skill set, but it was hard for him to illustrate in 2017 because the team around him was so bad. Opponents were able neutralize him with double teams and plays going away from him while taking advantage of the lack of talent elsewhere on the Kansas defense. As a result, Armstrong may be more of a second-day talent for the 2018 NFL Draft. In 2017, Armstrong totaled 63 tackles with 9.5 for a loss, two sacks, four forced fumbles and four passes batted. He is a fast edge defender with very good athleticism. At the combine, Armstrong looked smooth and athletic in the field drills. 

623218696.jpg.0.jpg

Oklahoma_logo.gif Ogbonnia Okoronkwo, 3-4OLB, Oklahoma 
Height: 6-1. Weight: 243. Arm: 34.5. Hand: 9.25. 
40 Time: 4.77. 
Projected Round (2018): 3-5. 

3/25/18: In 2017, Okoronkwo racked up eight sacks with 76 tackles, 17.5 tackles for a loss, two passes batted and three forced fumbles. He was a leading defender for the Sooners and received a lot of media hype. 

w640-755ecb53bdd10672fbcaae4f8d167873.jp

NorthernIowa_logo.gif Daurice Fountain, WR, Northern Iowa 
Height: 6-2. Weight: 208. 
Projected 40 Time: 4.52. 
Projected Round (2018): 4-6. 

4/7/18: At the East-West Shrine, Fountain was the star of the East practice with impressive performances in all three practices. He had scouts buzzing across the league. His name was being passed along to scouts, directors, and general managers who weren't in St. Peteresburg to check out his tape - teams split their college scouting staffs between the East-West Shrine and the NFLPA all-star game. Fountain was very good in one-on-ones, showing the quickness, body control, and route-running to get separation from the cornerbacks. He also made plays in the team scrimmage while impressing in the red zone. As a senior, he totaled 66 receptions for 943 yards and 12 touchdowns. Surprisingly, Fountain did not receive a combine invitation

MD1_7209.jpg

Greg Senat, OT, Wagner 
Height: 6-6. Weight: 302. Arm: 34.88. 
40 Time: 5.38. 
Projected Round (2018): 4-6. 

3/17/18: Some sources felt that Senat was the best of the offensive linemen at the East-West Shrine. Senat has strength and surprising movement skills. As one scout described him, "Senat is a fire hydrant that can move." After playing at Wagner, Senat has shown the skill to make the jump in competition from his time in St. Petersburg, and those tests will continue with an NFL team after the 2018 NFL Draft.

DR_LUJ2XUAAzBTK.jpg

Miami_logo.gif Dee Delaney, CB, Miami 
Height: 5-11. Weight: 200. Arm: 30.5. Hand: 9.75. 
40 Time: 4.46. 
Projected Round (2018): 5-7. 

3/17/18: Delaney started out his collegiate career at the Citadel before transferring to Miami. In 2017, he totaled 39 tackles with one pass broken up and one interception. At the Citadel, Delaney played well with six interceptions, eight breakups and 35 tackles in his final season. He had five interceptions as a sophomore.

DIwWBgzVwAEvvlw.jpg
Read more: http://walterfootball.com/draft2018CB.php#ixzz5CYiLpu2j

Florida_logo.gif Antonio Callaway*, WR, Florida 
Height: 5-11. Weight: 200. Arm: 31.5. Hand: 8.75. 
40 Time: 4.41. 
Projected Round (2018): 5-FA. 

4/7/18: Callaway didn't play in 2017 because of a suspension. He ended up in pre-trial diversion after reportedly facing felony fraud charges for allegedly transferring money from a stolen credit card. NFL teams already had major off-the-field concerns about Callaway. While he loves football, he has a lot of issues in terms of hanging out with bad influences, and teams are concerned about him consistently failing drug tests in the NFL. Callaway was suspended repeatedly by Florida, and he hurt his team by earning another suspension to start the 2017 season to go along with a rape allegation. 

Scouts across the league say that Callaway has first-round talent. They've even compared him to Antonio Brown in terms of his skill set and what he can do as a receiver, but teams think that Callaway will definitely fall into the mid-rounds because his off-the-field issues are too serious to draft any earlier. They don't have any confidence that he will change and avoid suspensions in the NFL. Callaway ran fast and looked good at the scouting combine, but the interviews were more important than his field work. Sources said that he seemed winded at his pro-day workout and did not help himself with his showing there.

Antonio+Callaway+Florida+v+Georgia+vDlOV

Alabama_logo.gif Bo Scarborough*, RB, Alabama 
Height: 6-2. Weight: 228. Arm: 33.5. Hand: 10. 
40 Time: 4.52. 
Projected Round (2018): 6-FA. 

4/7/18: Scarborough averaged 4.8 yards per carry in 2017 for 596 yards with eight touchdowns on 124 carries. He had 17 receptions for 109 yards as well. Scarborough has the upside to have produced more, but Damien Harris served as Alabama's feature back while others were splitting carries with Scarborough. Scarborough left school early, which was a questionable decision. On the negative side, he didn't play well enough or produce enough to prove he can be a NFL starter. On the positive side, he probably would have had fewer carries as the third-string back behind Damien Harris and Najee Harris in 2018. Both of them are more talented than Scarborough. 

20140c8c42014a7aac0a80012942d7ab.jpg

LSU_logo.gif Greg Gilmore, DT, LSU 
Height: 6-3. Weight: 318. 
Projected 40 Time: 5.29. 
Projected Round (2018): 5-7. 

3/25/18: Gilmore has some versatility to fit as a three-technique or as nose tackle in a 4-3 defense. In a 3-4, he could play end or tackle given his weight with enough length. In 2017, Gilmore totaled 53 tackles with 10 tackles for a loss, 7.5 sacks and one pass batted. He collected 34 tackles with one sack as a junior and 13 tackles as a sophomore. Gilmore has some size and strength at the point of attack, but looks limited. He did not participate in the NFL Scouting Combine.

5a14975522f77.image.jpg?resize=1200,1414

Illinois_logo.gif Jaylen Dunlap, CB, Illinois 
Height: 6-1. Weight: 190. 
Projected 40 Time: 4.45. 
Projected Round (2018): FA. 

3/17/18: Dunlap tore his knee up at the NFLPA game, so that will probably send him to the undrafted ranks. Dunlap has a nice combination of size and speed for his NFL team to work with. He wasn't a star for Illinois, but before his injury, sources labeled him as draftable, noting that he has the skill set to be a better pro than college player. Dunlap has good size and is said to run very fast in the 40. Like most big corners, he has tightness in off-man coverage and is better off playing press-man and getting physical. Dunlap was not invited to participate in the combine. 

Email_1MJ5761.JPG

Read more: http://walterfootball.com/draft2018CB.php#ixzz5CYojLBQF

Not a fan of addressing EDGE that late. However, I do think the EDGE's you did pick up would be solid fits and are good values for where you picked them. Not a huge fan of Fitzpatrick. Solid player. Just not sure if he will make enough splash plays to be worth the pick. Oliver would be a good value in the 2nd. Reminds me of King some. Long, good athlete, solid ball skills, but relatively raw. Andrews in the 3rd would be a good value as well. I'm a fan of Fountain's physical profile. Can't say that I've watched him play though. Fits the Packer profile for WR. Callaway is a stud prospect. Probably not on our board though. Not sure Scarborough is a good fit for us. However, in the 6th I can't really complain. 

Overall I really liked the mock. Solid picks. Also liked  that you didn't just do the typical CB/EDGE with the first 2 picks. Nice Job. 

2 minutes ago, Lieker said:

Not a fan of addressing EDGE that late. However, I do think the EDGE's you did pick up would be solid fits and are good values for where you picked them. Not a huge fan of Fitzpatrick. Solid player. Just not sure if he will make enough splash plays to be worth the pick. Oliver would be a good value in the 2nd. Reminds me of King some. Long, good athlete, solid ball skills, but relatively raw. Andrews in the 3rd would be a good value as well. I'm a fan of Fountain's physical profile. Can't say that I've watched him play though. Fits the Packer profile for WR. Callaway is a stud prospect. Probably not on our board though. Not sure Scarborough is a good fit for us. However, in the 6th I can't really complain. 

Overall I really liked the mock. Solid picks. Also liked  that you didn't just do the typical CB/EDGE with the first 2 picks. Nice Job. 

Thank you! I think if we put Fitz in one role either safety or slot he will become elite. I actually thing  Bo Scarborough would be great next to Rogers with the defense playing the pass.

I'm a fan of any mock that find a way to give us "Fitz".

Double dipping with Oliver is solid too, since Fitz is better in the slot position.  Line me up King, Oliver and Fiz for the forseeable future and I'm a happy guy.

Especially getting two edge prospects after them.

I like Andrews, too.  Just unsure if I'd rather take him or a WR with that pick.  If I'm not mistaken, I think Andrews was a converted WR.....

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

I'm a fan of any mock that find a way to give us "Fitz".

Double dipping with Oliver is solid too, since Fitz is better in the slot position.  Line me up King, Oliver and Fiz for the forseeable future and I'm a happy guy.

Especially getting two edge prospects after them.

I like Andrews, too.  Just unsure if I'd rather take him or a WR with that pick.  If I'm not mistaken, I think Andrews was a converted WR.....

What I like about Andrews is the middle seem threat. Having two tight ends that can threaten the seam would open up cobb and Adams.

I like your draft and agree with the double dip you did, I like both those players in those rounds.  Both players could be solid pro's, with CMJ and Perry, do you really need to go Edge in round #1, I think not.   I like everything up until 5#37 on down, but that's just personal choice.  Nice job, thanks!

30 minutes ago, moretti19 said:

What I like about Andrews is the middle seem threat. Having two tight ends that can threaten the seam would open up cobb and Adams.

I agree...and he's the tight end of the future.

Just unusre if that trumps the talent that will be there at WR.

Archived