Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

This is what I found in regards to even strength primary assists...

Bratt: 12
Severson: 12
Hall: 11
Hischier: 10
Palmieri: 10
Wood: 9
Coleman: 7
Zajac: 6
Butcher: 3
Zacha: 3

Left off Greene, Johansson, Boyle and Vatanen 

So that dude is full of ****. We just flat out sucked even strength.

What did we score, the third or fourth fewest goals in the NHL last year? The offense was just garbage

• Like 1

My most recent "discussion" at HF in regards to Gardiner...

Me: I'll patiently wait for the "he's got to want to come here" people, yes....but it makes sense on our end to offer it. Make him say no.
Emporereddy: No one will say that because most of us rightfully don’t want him here.
Me: "Rightfully" Right. We vehemently defend Severson but **** on Gardiner.  Makes TOTAL sense.
Me: Gardiner gets unnecessarily shat on here despite the fact that this team has been terrible on the blue line for years. Makes total sense. I do love how often people here speak in absolutes. Outside of STI, who has proven to actually know **** about hockey, I have no reason to trust any of you in regards to unbiased analysis. You all simply aren't capable of it.

The amount of box score scouts on this site ****ing baffles me. It's no wonder I creep and just wait for STI to post. Posting on this site gives me aids.

For how "valuable" everyone on this roster is...we should be annual playoff competitors.

Wait..what? We've picked #1 overall two times in the last 3 years? YOU DON'T SAY?!

Man, I'd hate to trade anyone from this VAUNTED roster.

Me LOL

Edited by beekay414

7 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Comprehension at HF is optional. I like that it's just me and you here @Forge. At least we don't get ridiculous conversations. 

We are usually on the same page. 

Don't forget when @flyers0909 graces us with his presence... Scott Stevens Scott Stevens Scott Stevens

But yeah, that place is only tolerable in small doses. I appreciate the love of hockey, don't get that much anywhere. And even if you and I disagree, at least we understand where the other is coming from

• Like 2

On 7/13/2019 at 11:13 PM, beekay414 said:

This is what I found in regards to even strength primary assists...

Bratt: 12
Severson: 12
Hall: 11
Hischier: 10
Palmieri: 10
Wood: 9
Coleman: 7
Zajac: 6
Butcher: 3
Zacha: 3

Left off Greene, Johansson, Boyle and Vatanen 

So that dude is full of ****. We just flat out sucked even strength.

Curious, where'd you get these from?  If you ever need to look stuff up like this Natural Stat Trick is a good resource.

https://www.naturalstattrick.com/playerteams.php?fromseason=20182019&thruseason=20182019&stype=2&sit=5v5&score=all&stdoi=std&rate=n&team=N.J&pos=S&loc=B&toi=0&gpfilt=none&fd=&td=&tgp=410&lines=single&draftteam=ALL

I'm guessing that guy was looking at 5v5 (linked above) and you were looking at actual ES.  

• Like 1

Apparently the offers that VGK has gotten for Gusev have been super weak. Second round pick + low level prospect. I'm not sure if teams are trying to lowball VGK because of the cap space problems, or if Gusev simply isn't that highly regarded among the NHL decision makers. 

12 hours ago, Forge said:

Apparently the offers that VGK has gotten for Gusev have been super weak. Second round pick + low level prospect. I'm not sure if teams are trying to lowball VGK because of the cap space problems, or if Gusev simply isn't that highly regarded among the NHL decision makers. 

I think it's a mix of both. I think NHL GMs may be hesitant because KHL guys don't have spotless track records and they also know Vegas has to do quite a bit yet to get below the cap. Then you have to take into account that Gusev wants a short term deal at $4 Million and those factors all pool into one big cluster**** of a negotiation. 

• Like 1