Around the NFL

Forge

Wow. Terrell Owens, Isaac Bruce and Randy Moss all eligible for the HOF this year.  Now there's some difficult ranking to be done. 

Owens - 1078 catcches for 15,934 yards; 6 pro bowls including 4 first team

Bruce - 1024 for 15, 208; 4 pro bowls

Moss -  982 for 15,292; 6 pro bowls with 4 first team

Owens with 54 catches for 751 yards in 12 playoff games. Bruce with 44 for 759 in 9 playoff games, and Moss with 54 for 977 in 15 playoff games

7 minutes ago, big9erfan said:

Wow. Terrell Owens, Isaac Bruce and Randy Moss all eligible for the HOF this year.  Now there's some difficult ranking to be done. 

Owens - 1078 catcches for 15,934 yards; 6 pro bowls including 4 first team

Bruce - 1024 for 15, 208; 4 pro bowls

Moss -  982 for 15,292; 6 pro bowls with 4 first team

Owens with 54 catches for 751 yards in 12 playoff games. Bruce with 44 for 759 in 9 playoff games, and Moss with 54 for 977 in 15 playoff games

Owens has 5 first team all pro's, I believe, not 4. 2000 / 2001 / 2002 / 04 / 07

To me, it's not that hard. You could make the case that Holt should be higher than Bruce. It's Owens/Moss by a rather large margin to me, and then you can argue about the likes of Bruce and Holt. 

23 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Kind of crazy to think TO and Moss only made six pro bowls, but they are no-brainiers here. Will they make it though? That's another question. 

Moss and TO going in together would be pretty awesome.

I feel like it would be weirdly appropriate going in together. Very comparable and similar careers, though they did it slightly different. Their numbers are really freakishly comparable to one another.  Both with off the field / personality questions. 

That being said, I think one of them is going to get bypassed. The HOF hates receivers it seems like, so the notion that both of them get in seems relatively remote. I don't quite understand how they make TO wait and put Moss in on the first ballot, but maybe they don't view his attitude as big of an issue as they do with TO. I wouldn't be surprised if they put TO in this one and make Moss wait, and I wouldn't be shocked if they continue to make TO wait (his outspokenness regarding his candidacy probably isn't helping his case)

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

If one goes in, I think there is a better chance it will be Moss not TO. Heck, TO wasn't even a finalist last season so he needs to make that jump before anything. 

Good point. 

I will never understand how they justify some of the things they do

1 minute ago, PapaShogun said:

Cowboys have officially flushed their season down the toilet. 

Giants/Redskins game is starting now. I hope the Giants win. Gotta help that 49ers draft stock. 

If the Giants win,it also keeps are playoff hopes alive! We needed 47 things to happen to make the playoffs coming into the week. After Minnesota and the Chargers' wins, we are down to 45

2 hours ago, Forge said:

If the Giants win,it also keeps are playoff hopes alive! We needed 47 things to happen to make the playoffs coming into the week. After Minnesota and the Chargers' wins, we are down to 45

Funny but a win also keeps alive our chances for the number two pick 

Just now, rudyZ said:

Gore seems to be having a good day. He looks good out there, and the announcers seem to be giving him a little more love than usual.

His TD that he just scored was the 94th of his career (receiving included). This pulls him into a tie with Jerome Bettis and Priest Holmes for 26th all-time (15th among RBs). 

Archived