Draft Discussion 4.0

NudeTayne

1 minute ago, Kiwibrown said:

There will be a limit on Bakers ability to process football as well. Especially if he drinks. Booze is bad for cognition

and if baker truly has a photographic memory, wouldnt sam's limit be far lower?

1 minute ago, mistakey said:

Photographic memory is a load of crap as a concept. 

Who is to say Sam is worse though, Sam has already had to make nfl reads, while Baker throws to more nfl talent that is wide open.

9 minutes ago, mistakey said:

and baker is.  and if you follow the gladwell logic, he will continue to be as long as he keeps on working hard.  so why would we take the other one?

This only applies if you believe age and experience is irrelevant in development.  In 2 years, when Darnold is Baker’s age now, I think he’ll be more developed than Baker is right now.

Not to mention Darnold is much more likely to continue to develop physically, again due to age.

3 minutes ago, mistakey said:

If that’s the case he’d have had better than a middling Wonderlic I’d imagine.  

1 minute ago, Kiwibrown said:

Photographic memory is a load of crap as a concept. 

Agreed.

To be clear, I really like both, but prefer Darnold.

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Agreed.

Baker is my number 2. Sam is 1. 

I don’t want to settle.

13 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

This only applies if you believe age and experience is irrelevant in development.  In 2 years, when Darnold is Baker’s age now, I think he’ll be more developed than Baker is right now.

Not to mention Darnold is much more likely to continue to develop physically, again due to age.

in 2 years they'll both be in the league, so comparing one talent to a college aged mayfield doesnt really make sense to me.  

12 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Agreed.

wonderlic is logic based.  and mayfield is about average.  dont see why a good memory is a load of crap as a concept.

21 minutes ago, mistakey said:

i guess i just dont see the same as everyone else in re darnold.  ive seen bad footwork not be fixed and ive seen bad decisions not be fixed, especially here in cleveland.  

We all have but we haven’t seen those QBs be able to truly work on those issues before being thrown into game action. 

Would truly trust Zamp to clean issues up. He did it with Dalton and McCarron. A lot of ppl like to give Hue credit for working with dalton and McCarron but never see love given to Zamp for being the QB coach that worked with him. He also cleaned up Palmers iffy feet when he got him as a rookie 

49 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Agree with this. Baker is 23 and is going to redshirt a year. So he will be pushing 25 years old by the time he starts for the Browns. Which makes me concerned like people who pointed out with Rosens "maxed out" is that given Baker's age - could get actually be maxed out as a player?

Darnold is a spring chicken at 20 years old with a larger ceiling to grow into still. I'm not sure given his age how much room Baker has left to grow

Darnold is the type of QB who's going to need a lot of patience. He's 20 and will sit for a year. That's 21. The first year I think will be Goff-like. Some bumps and bruises but shows potential. Then 22 hits and we've got a playoff berth. It's all on the up and up from there. If the organization and fans give him the patience he needs, we'll be good for a while. 

12 minutes ago, Reginaldm9 said:

Darnold is the type of QB who's going to need a lot of patience. He's 20 and will sit for a year. That's 21. The first year I think will be Goff-like. Some bumps and bruises but shows potential. Then 22 hits and we've got a playoff berth. It's all on the up and up from there. If the organization and fans give him the patience he needs, we'll be good for a while. 

I don’t know about Goff like. Fisher poorly used him and Gurley. I would trust Haley to be fine with him, if Haley is still the OC for him in his 2nd year

28 minutes ago, Reginaldm9 said:

lol thats a good one

Archived