Draft Discussion 4.0

NudeTayne

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Luck still isn’t throwing the ball and the Colts seem disinterested in QB’s at the top.

Surprised this isn’t a bigger story.

I mean, is Luck done?

Well I believe they also really like Jacoby

11 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I like Davenport but not in the first. Hes still very raw. I don’t like taking raw talent in the first. I’d like someone a little more polished there. 

I would in a heartbeat, can do more than a guy like Landry, plus in terms of him being raw, I think that had more of him being at UTSA, remember the week of the Senior bowl how much better he got from the first day he arrived to the day he left how much better he got with NFL level coaching. I'll just take the jumbo athlete who is as athletic as the smaller guy and has way more length, equal athleticism, and way more upside.

I believe all these QBs rumbling are the browns doings to figure out what to do at 4. Trying to figure out what teams like and how much they like certain QBs so they can feel out potentially trades. They could potentially make a team trade a lot more for 4 then expected. They are trying to dictate the market and inflate prices IMO. If the browns let it be known who they liked it would allow other teams to properly prepare their boards. Feel like Dorsey is going to try and make GMs feel rushed so they potentially make a bad trade and over pay to the browns at 4 if they go trade down manipulate the draft so if Chubb goes before 4, they can trade rob someone in a trade down 

4 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

hes better than Allen I guess. We might as well just wait till 4 to take him. 

While Baker could be the pick, I’m not sure how this is news at all of adds to the “murkiness.” Some NFL executive with no inside knowledge tells a reporter that he thinks one of the draft’s top 3 QBs is “in the conversation” at 1, and that’s interesting? I’m sure guys like Barkley, Chubb, and several QBs are “in the conversation.”  Dudes are thirsty for clicks this time of year.

1 minute ago, buno67 said:

I believe all these QBs rumbling are the browns doings to figure out what to do at 4. Trying to figure out what teams like and how much they like certain QBs so they can feel out potentially trades. They could potentially make a team trade a lot more for 4 then expected. They are trying to dictate the market and inflate prices IMO. If the browns let it be known who they liked it would allow other teams to properly prepare their boards. Feel like Dorsey is going to try and make GMs feel rushed so they potentially make a bad trade and over pay to the browns at 4 if they go trade down

That really only works if the other GM’s are complete idiots.

Other GM’s can map out who they like and plan for multiple scenarios.

Sure they have to plan for multiple scenarios, but it’s not like there are that many different possibilities nor is there a shortage of time.

Just now, NateDawg said:

While Baker could be the pick, I’m not sure how this is news at all of adds to the “murkiness.” Some NFL executive with no inside knowledge tells a reporter that he thinks one of the draft’s top 3 QBs is “in the conversation” at 1, and that’s interesting? I’m sure guys like Barkley, Chubb, and several QBs are “in the conversation.”  Dudes are thirsty for clicks this time of year.

This.

When there’s no info they just ask an “insider” their opinion and cite that as some sort of source.

10 minutes ago, GetDownandDirty said:

I’m from Detroit, but follow the Browns also. I think with the Browns first pick, they should take Saquon Barkley. This guy is going to make any QB better. This type of runner only comes around every once in a while. He gets the tough yards to get 1st downs, catches the ball well & keeps defenses off kilter to open the passing game. You can still get a quality QB with #4. I actually think that Mayfield will fall to #4. You already have a proven QB, but picking up a Dangerous running back could really take the offense to the next level. Just take a look at the Lions. Stafford is a good QB, but we have no running game what so ever. All the pressure is on Stafford & it doesn’t help that every defense out there knows it. I say, go get that dominate runner first & your QB fourth.

- Yes, we do have a QB but to be honest, I think our QB has been brought on with the expectation to find the QBOF, to be honest he can get that right and bomb the rest of the draft and we would build him a statue....:D Also Dorsey never has taken a back in the 1st (Not that he won't), he's made his mark finding effective guys in the 2nd and lower 

- As far as Stafford, I live in Detroit as well and I was perplexed on how he went from a Pro Style QB at UGA to 4/5 wide and chuck it all around the field guy, as far as you guys, I just think you guys have to commit to the running game, Draft Hernandez, get a back to go along with Blount in the 2nd (Jones, Chubb, Penny) and go back to the 2 TE, play action Stafford with a reliable running game

- On a side, do you listen to my boy Mike Valenti on 97.1 the ticket?

4 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

It’s going to be Darnold. I think the media just needs to generate interest.

Now pick 4, I have zero F’in clue what we do with that pick.

I’ll be so chill with what we do at pick 4 if we take Sam #1.

Bradley Chubb and it’s good luck trying to gameplan both him and Myles. You either chip both and limit your downfield game or you let them wreak havoc one on one.

Saquon Barkley and it’s electrifying plays every week, a premium backfield mate for Sam and a very fun to watch Browns team.

Denzel Ward and it’s mirroring the number one every week step for step and finally someone to match up with AB.

Trade down and it’s picks galore and hopefully a 2019 1st from a team that sucks.

Rumor out there that Dorsey isn’t telling hue who he’s picking until tomorrow night. If true maybe the rumors we hear than will be somewhat believable? ??‍♂️

Or maybe Dorsey told him he won’t tell him until he jumps in the danged lake. 

1 hour ago, GetDownandDirty said:

I’m from Detroit, but follow the Browns also. I think with the Browns first pick, they should take Saquon Barkley. This guy is going to make any QB better. This type of runner only comes around every once in a while. He gets the tough yards to get 1st downs, catches the ball well & keeps defenses off kilter to open the passing game. You can still get a quality QB with #4. I actually think that Mayfield will fall to #4. You already have a proven QB, but picking up a Dangerous running back could really take the offense to the next level. Just take a look at the Lions. Stafford is a good QB, but we have no running game what so ever. All the pressure is on Stafford & it doesn’t help that every defense out there knows it. I say, go get that dominate runner first & your QB fourth.

Easily worst post in this entire forum

34 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Rumor out there that Dorsey isn’t telling hue who he’s picking until tomorrow night. If true maybe the rumors we hear than will be somewhat believable? ??‍♂️

Or maybe Dorsey told him he won’t tell him until he jumps in the danged lake. 

Only if Silver tweets it lol

This is when we get proof that Hue has always been a little rat. Thursday night we get a new QB new defensive star and a new HC after hue is fired for leaking the pick lol

Archived