Draft Discussion 4.0

NudeTayne

1 hour ago, Mind Character said:

Can you believe that the Giants are going to have Sam Darnold fall in their lap at 2? What lucky bastards....

And then can you believe the Jets are going to have Mayfield fall into their lap at 3?

And then can you believe the Broncos are going to have Rosen fall into their lap at 5?

How am I doing?

8 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

And then can you believe the Jets are going to have Mayfield fall into their lap at 3?

And then can you believe the Broncos are going to have Rosen fall into their lap at 5?

How am I doing?

I knew this day would come... You have finally joined the cloth and are doing the lord's work....

... Our work must continue on and through the night... godspeed brethren...

... The arrival of the King is nigh.... MAKE HASTE...

1 minute ago, Mind Character said:

I knew this day would come... You have finally joined the cloth and are doing the lord's work....

... Our work must continue on and through the night... godspeed brethren... make haste...

Err...get thee to a...nunnery?

I gotta work on your non-colloquialisms, O Unhinged One.

11 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

How am I doing?

Not if we trade up to #2 to take Baker first.

18 minutes ago, chris00cm said:

How much power do you guys think Andrew Healy and Scot McCloughan have in the draft process?

Andrew Healy? Not much, since we have so many chiefs (or former chiefs) already.  I'd think on the strategy side, they would yield to DePodesta rather than Healy.

McCloughan has more power, but not a ton of it, imo.  Dorsey is known for doing what he wants, and even though a guy like McCloughan has a lot of experience, Dorsey will still get the final decision.  Plus, don't forget we have Eliot Wolf also.  Lots of chiefs.

2 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Don't worry about Chubb becoming a 10+ sack guy on a consistent basis. Not. Gonna. Do it.

Julio Jones still haunts my dreams. He always whispers in my ear that aquiring a bunch of picks with high bust rates over just taking the blue Chip is never a good idea. Then he leaves and screams Quality over quantity to me before slamming the door.

The only thing to soothe the paid of trading out of that pick is that if it gets us either Ward or Landry at 12 + 22 + our 3rd round Tyrod pick back + next year 1st.

Ask for the moon and if they are not willing to say no.

2 hours ago, ReggieCamp said:

Andrew Healy? Not much, since we have so many chiefs (or former chiefs) already.  I'd think on the strategy side, they would yield to DePodesta rather than Healy.

McCloughan has more power, but not a ton of it, imo.  Dorsey is known for doing what he wants, and even though a guy like McCloughan has a lot of experience, Dorsey will still get the final decision.  Plus, don't forget we have Eliot Wolf also.  Lots of chiefs.

Based on this response, its gotta be Allen or Darnold then. Healy and McCloughan are Mayfield's biggest advocates.

3 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

One positive about this draft process is the budding bromance between @MistaBohmbastic And @Mind Character

Steve Wyche, who's covering the Browns for NFL Network just said he thinks it's Mayfield. Imagining Mind's reaction as the ultimate definition of bittersweet. Baker supposedly killed it in interviews and on the board.

EDIT: Charles Davis also on the same station saying he heard it's Darnold, who killed it in the interviews and on the whiteboard...

Archived