Draft Discussion 4.0

NudeTayne

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

This.

Dude was a kid that said something stupid.  I’m sure no one here has ever said something regrettable before...

I am more concerned that he can't hit the broad side of a barn with a football with regularity.

Allen has been on a tweet deleting storm tonight. But he had tweets that used the N word, used gay slurs and said heil Hitler. I’m not posting them but you can look them up yourself. 

I couldn’t care less personally but I’m just hoping this keeps us from drafting him. He’s a scrub anyway. 

6 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Allen has been on a tweet deleting storm tonight. But he had tweets that used the N word, used gay slurs and said heil Hitler. I’m not posting them but you can look them up yourself. 

I couldn’t care less personally but I’m just hoping this keeps us from drafting him. He’s a scrub anyway. 

Yeah now I'm reading these other tweets.  I'm amazed he hasn't already deleted them, you'd at least think his agent would have been on top of that if he was too dumb to realize that was going to get dug up.

I didn't see the heil hitler ones.  I don't think the n word ones are racist.  He was definitely wylin tho.

Couldn't really care less about Allen's tweets. From the ones I've read, it's clearly tweets an immature teenager makes in attempt to sound edgy. I sincerely doubt he was serious in those tweets. Still, if that decreases the chances of us drafting him, fine with me.

Just now, pscottdai said:

He may not be the best option this year (although he is IMO), but if we draft him he will still be the best QB we have drafted since Couch.

Sounds as exciting as kissing your sister, or flossing your teeth.

1 hour ago, BleedTheClock said:

He was a 17 year old moron when he made that comment. I'm sure a lot of us have said similarly dumb things we didn't mean trying to be funny. I don't require my draft picks to be mature as high school kids. No point in crucifying him for something he said tongue-in-cheek in 2013.

You can dislike him as a prospect, but I highly doubt his actual view is that if you aren't white, you aren't worthy. It's just making a dumbarse comment.

Age is an excuse for being dumb, age is not an excuse for being racist. 

Archived