Horizon Zero Dawn

On 12/8/2017 at 6:45 AM, JTagg7754 said:

Let us know if you feel the DLC is worth it or not and how many hours of additional game play you get.

I've finished it except for a couple of Hunting Grounds quests.

I got probably 15-20 hours worth of content out of The Frozen Wilds, but I've seen people say they got 25 hours out of it by being completionist.  It adds a fair bit to the story and points towards where they will take it in further games, but it doesn't quite have the emotional impact that the base game does (but that would be pretty hard to do imo).  It also ads a new skill tree with a couple of pretty essential skills - the ability to pick up resources while on a mount, and an extra 20% resource carry capacity (which was useful to me as I liked to keep up to 4 of each lens or heart of all the machines I hunted)

There's a few new machines that you'll only find in the expansion area, and they are all quite hard to beat.  In fact, one of them makes fighting a Thunderjaw almost look like child's play.

If you're going to get the DLC (and you should if you like HZD), you'll definitely need to have the Shield Weave armour.  Story wise it probably fits best immediately after "The Mountain That Fell" and before the final couple of quests that lead up to the final boss battle.

15 hours ago, Remixxxxxxx said:

So I beat the game last night after about 45 hours of gameplay and I can say, without a doubt, this is the best game I've ever played. I may need to life my boycott against DLC and pick up The Frozen Wild. 

Do it. It's more good stuff. I do need to go back and finish the DLC. 

This game came free with my PS4 on a black friday deal. For $230 got a PS4, Overwatch, this game, and 50 dollar gamestop giftcard. Everything arrived the monday after black friday, but this game. Which I finally got a couple weeks later. Glad to see all the good reviews from you guys. I had been thinking to return it since its still wrapped, but Ill go head and bust it open.

12 hours ago, drd23 said:

There aren't any metal flowers in the DLC region.  IIRC, there isn't one that is even close to The Cut

Yeah, I found it. It was the underground one right at the beginning of the game. It was greyed out on the map so I didn't see it blended in w/ the mountains at first. Got all them, all ancient debris, and now it's on to vantage points before I get into Frozen Wilds.

Archived