Horizon Zero Dawn

15 hours ago, drd23 said:

If you like open world adventure/RPG games, then definitely yes

What he said. I love these types of games and this has probably been my favorite in quite some time. I really enjoyed FFXV's world (in the beginning) but this is better IMO. Better than Witcher 3 also. I would absolutely recommend it

25 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:
16 hours ago, drd23 said:

If you like open world adventure/RPG games, then definitely yes

What he said. I love these types of games and this has probably been my favorite in quite some time. I really enjoyed FFXV's world (in the beginning) but this is better IMO. Better than Witcher 3 also. I would absolutely recommend it

I'm more of a Fallout/Skyrim RPG player than FF. In fact I don't like FF. Still yes?

1 hour ago, JBURGE25 said:

I'm more of a Fallout/Skyrim RPG player than FF. In fact I don't like FF. Still yes?

Keep in mind FFXV is completely different the previous FF RPGs. It removed turn based fighting to all out fighting, seeing your enemies and not just blindly running into, and it just really different all around lol.

I unfortunately cannot speak of Skyrim or Fallout games as I have not played any of them. Saying that, I'll have to leave the question open to those that have played them and I'm sure there's many. 

1 hour ago, JBURGE25 said:

I would say it's more similar to the Far Cry/Assassin's Creed series. Where it's an open world, but it still has a concentrated main story. 

Gameplay wise, it's more like, maybe dead souls? It's an action game where knowing your opponent is important.

17 minutes ago, HighHopes said:
2 hours ago, JBURGE25 said:

I would say it's more similar to the Far Cry/Assassin's Creed series. Where it's an open world, but it still has a concentrated main story. 

Gameplay wise, it's more like, maybe dead souls? It's an action game where knowing your opponent is important.

Okay. I like Far Cry and the early AC games. I do not like hard games. I don't find it fun to spend my time dying over and over lol. I'll probably get it boxing week when the complete edition inevitably goes on sale

51 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

You still won't shut up about Life is Strange on FACEBOOK. Your opinion means nothing

Life is Strange is a phenomenal piece of art. Don't you dare bad mouth it.

Also... Life is Strange: Before the Storm episode 3 (the finale) released today. I'm hella hyped.

1 hour ago, HighHopes said:

I would say the Far Cry comparison is spot on. Open world, bunch of side things to do, killing animals for skins/bones, bandit camps to take, etc.

1 hour ago, HighHopes said:

Can't get behind the DS comparison. This game is pretty easy, IMO. It's important to know your opponent but you can still survive without knowing what you're doing. 

3 hours ago, Remixxxxxxx said:

Can't get behind the DS comparison. This game is pretty easy, IMO. It's important to know your opponent but you can still survive without knowing what you're doing. 

I more meant the style. It's why I put a question mark lol. It's about running around, understanding when to dodge and when you have opportunities to attack etc. You really can't brute force it, but it's not like you will die in one hit or anything.

At the very least, I hated the game when I was brute forcing it. I didn't hate it because I was dying, but the combat felt tedious. 

Archived