Is Earl Thomas worth #50?

Texas_OutLaw7

Do you give up #50 for ET?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Do you give up #50 for ET?

• Yes.
    • Maybe, it depends on how the draft is going the day of.
    • No, too much. Would give up at most a 3rd round pick.
    • No. Don't give up a pick, next year he signs here as a FA.
    • No. Don't want him.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/26/2018 at 03:06 AM

I would consided giving my 50th pick if Thomas came with a Fourth, essentially trading down a round and a half. Three fourths has its appeal with Thomas taking the starting job at safety. But...still wouldnt be too thrilled. More inclined to tell Seattle its our third or its nothing.

1 minute ago, WizardHawk said:

I'm not looking it up right now, but who are some guys drafted around #50 recently? 

Doesnt really matter as every drafts different, But to name a few:

Our own pothead Randy Gregory

Reggie Ragland

Sterling Shepard

Michael Thomas

Derrick Henry

Deion Jones

Sua Cravens

Haoli Kikaha

Eric Kendricks

Ronald Darby

...and thats mostly from just 2016 and 2015.

But this year, with the four top QBs and then the lottery QBs like Jackson and Rudolph...theres going to be some markedly fallen players out there. I can think of three LBs two safeties, one DT, a corner, two tailbacks, a quarterback, and two OLs that I think pretty significant of who could ALL be available at 50, though likely only a few should be. but those few? Well worth not getting ET for - the potential to be just as good as ET at their own positions is there, and not worth giving uo that chance for prolly what amounts to an expensive three years rental.

So we have A&M safety Justin Evans last year

The year before, Zack Martin's little brother Nick Martin went 50.

Ronald Darby at 50 the year before that

Jeremiah Attaochu at 50 before that

Jonathan Bostic at 50 before that

Trade down from 19 hopefully staying in the late first round an picking up a 2nd or 3rd round pick or trading down from 19 for two 2nd round picks. Either or then trade for Thomas. 

This may be another reason why Dez was released.

2 hours ago, buddy_z34 said:

Trade down from 19 hopefully staying in the late first round an picking up a 2nd or 3rd round pick or trading down from 19 for two 2nd round picks. Either or then trade for Thomas. 

This may be another reason why Dez was released.

It would depend on who’s still on the board if/when the offer is made and who it comes from.

People have complained about Jones, Heath, Church, Wilcox and so on FOR YEARS, yet can't let go of #50 for a 28 year old, scheme fitting, 5x All-Pro, who wants to be here. 

Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face. I mean, of those 20-25 players listed above who are you not trading for ET?  Mike Thomas and ???

8 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

People have complained about Jones, Heath, Church, Wilcox and so on FOR YEARS, yet can't let go of #50 for a 28 year old, scheme fitting, 5x All-Pro, who wants to be here. 

Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face. I mean, of those 20-25 players listed above who are you not trading for ET?  Mike Thomas and ???

Yeah, I get this.

I want to say no and hold firm at a 3rd. But honestly, I wouldn't be thrilled. But giving up #50 isn't a bad deal.

Archived