College Football / NFL Draft Discussion

candyman93

6 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Barkley or bust in the 1st round. Crowell can't pass block to save his life and he can't run unless he has massive holes.

Another year, another prospect we both love. I liken Barkley to a Ladanian Tomlinson calibre running back. Triple threat with blocking / running / receiving. Can run inside and out. Get tough yards. Work the red zone. Hit the home run.

I'm big on him.

General thought -

I think the number one thing we need is stud players. I don't think there any position group that is a giant gaping hole. The main thing our roster is missing is game changing players. Next year take the guys who will make game flipping plays regardless of position. I don't want to get locked in on LB / CB / WR or whatever. Give me any player at any position that can turn a loss into a win.

We need our Antonio Brown or Joey Bosa or Luke Kuechley or Landon Collins type player.

I have only been reading this forum for a few weeks and especially during the game I saw a lot of comments about how our biggest need is a #1 WR. I would agree if we had a more established QB. As much as I dislike Crowell he is still a better player than Kenny Britt and Ricardo Louis seemingly making WR a bigger priority going into next year. The greatest friend to the development of a young promising QB, however, would be a great running game and reliable safety net.

I believe the FO believes this as well which is why we traded up to get Njoku a 20 year old freak knowing this year would be a learning year but 2018 he would along with DeValve would make a great security blanket for Kizer. With the safety valve already in place that leaves the run game and Crowell has never been the guy. He is far too inconsistent with his effort and lacks vision and bursts. Crowell will get you what is there and that is it.

The weakest position group on the Browns is easily WR, but what would help improve this team the most is adding a stud RB and more on the pile on defense particularly at CB.

On 9/10/2017 at 8:37 AM, candyman93 said:

Mayfield is just another Manziel. 

Mayfield is such a difficult eval for me. He's kind of like a bigger armed Colt McCoy. The intangle Baker's got that's special is his ability to be accurate and poised while he's improvising. That can't be taught. Appears like he's a passoniate, competitve guy but then you've got that Reno 911 video still out there and have to question his off field character.

15 hours ago, roger murdock said:

General thought -

I think the number one thing we need is stud players. I don't think there any position group that is a giant gaping hole. The main thing our roster is missing is game changing players. Next year take the guys who will make game flipping plays regardless of position. I don't want to get locked in on LB / CB / WR or whatever. Give me any player at any position that can turn a loss into a win.

We need our Antonio Brown or Joey Bosa or Luke Kuechley or Landon Collins type player.

Corey Coleman was supposed to be our Antonio Brown. Or was it our Steve Smith?

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Cool.

How do you think he played yesterday?

I haven't rewatched it yet, but no drops is a plus. And holding on for the TD after getting rocked is impressive. But so far this game and pre season I feel like he's getting thrown open as opposed to really winning 1 on 1.

2 minutes ago, BrownLeader said:

I haven't rewatched it yet, but no drops is a plus. And holding on for the TD after getting rocked is impressive. But so far this game and pre season I feel like he's getting thrown open as opposed to really winning 1 on 1.

So you need to rewatch the game, but not to determine he's being thrown open vs winning 1 on 1?

Kind of a contradiction, no?

2 hours ago, BrownLeader said:

Per PFF, Kizer had a 150.4 passer rating when targeting Coleman, which was second best to Tyreek Hill (158.3) through the first 13 games logged in Week 1. 5 catches, 53 yards (6 targets). 1 TD. Its the NFL, you are not going to win 1on1 all that much. Heck in the NFL its about finding the QB who can throw open your WRs. Heck throwing open WRs is one of the most important aspects of a QB. tOSU fans are praying and wishing we have a QB who could throw open WRs. Doesnt matter if its being thrown open or winning one on one, the WR needs to make the catches. Yesterday, Coleman was making the catches and the toughest catch of the day was him taking the biggest hit of the day and him holding on for a TD. 

5 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I'd like to sign Malcolm Butler in free agency. Don't care about his age. We need somebody to stop Antonio Brown / AJ green from murdering us and that'd be extremely difficult for a rookie.

Was looking up other contracts. 5 years for 75 million may seem like a ton, but it's not. Especially for us if he's the only splash signing we make. If you cut Britt and Mccourty next year, that would shed 6 million right there. He's younger than Jamie Collins too.

Archived