College Football / NFL Draft Discussion

candyman93

18 hours ago, buno67 said:

Per PFF, Kizer had a 150.4 passer rating when targeting Coleman, which was second best to Tyreek Hill (158.3) through the first 13 games logged in Week 1. 5 catches, 53 yards (6 targets). 1 TD. Its the NFL, you are not going to win 1on1 all that much. Heck in the NFL its about finding the QB who can throw open your WRs. Heck throwing open WRs is one of the most important aspects of a QB. tOSU fans are praying and wishing we have a QB who could throw open WRs. Doesnt matter if its being thrown open or winning one on one, the WR needs to make the catches. Yesterday, Coleman was making the catches and the toughest catch of the day was him taking the biggest hit of the day and him holding on for a TD. 

Receivers win 1 on 1 all the time. (If your Antonio Brown it's 3 on 1) I'm not specifically talking about just man up but at the catch point, top of the route, at the line.

CC's first catch was beautiful, digging it out the turf. But on a 9 a bit later he's angled 5 yds out of bounds. Agreed the TD catch was impressive. Not his break but just holding on to it. He's going to get held to a high standard since he's a 1st rounder and the first WR taken in 16'. This FO expected him to be a #1 and likely stayed firm with Pryor contract demands this off season because of it. Unfortunately, I don't think CC looks anything like a #1.

2 minutes ago, BrownLeader said:

Receivers win 1 on 1 all the time. (If your Antonio Brown it's 3 on 1) I'm not specifically talking about just man up but at the catch point, top of the route, at the line.

CC's first catch was beautiful, digging it out the turf. But on a 9 a bit later he's angled 5 yds out of bounds. Agreed the TD catch was impressive. Not his break but just holding on to it. He's going to get held to a high standard since he's a 1st rounder and the first WR taken in 16'. This FO expected him to be a #1 and likely stayed firm with Pryor contract demands this off season because of it. Unfortunately, I don't think CC looks anything like a #1.

The kid has had what like 10 games as a pro after playing college football for an incredibly simple offense. Negative much? Brownleader? That kind of negative attitude is anything but what I would want from a leader. Maybe you should change your username.

12 minutes ago, BrownLeader said:

We a 2nd year WR who missed a lot of his rookie year playing with a rookie QB. Marvin Harrison didn't look all that great until he got his QB. 

Just saying once Kizer gets comfortable, CC should look a lot better. 

11 minutes ago, Dogbite said:

The kid has had what like 10 games as a pro after playing college football for an incredibly simple offense. Negative much? Brownleader? That kind of negative attitude is anything but what I would want from a leader. Maybe you should change your username.

8du66.jpg

Did you guys see the 7-round mock draft on the home page? Got us getting Saquan Barkley and Tavarus McFadden in the first round. Made me a little frothy. Yes please. Is Armani Watts any good? They had us taking him in the 2nd. I havent had the pleasure of watching him yet.

2 hours ago, Fatgerman said:

Did you guys see the 7-round mock draft on the home page? Got us getting Saquan Barkley and Tavarus McFadden in the first round. Made me a little frothy. Yes please. Is Armani Watts any good? They had us taking him in the 2nd. I havent had the pleasure of watching him yet.

I'm sure MC will be engorged to hear that. 4c6dbb00-fb27-0132-4f9c-0ec273752cbd.gif

7 hours ago, hornbybrown said:

Ohio will not win anything with JT at QB. I don't know who is behind him but badly need someone who is more of a legitimate QB rather than a athlete playing QB

Haskins is legit IMO. He's the best pure throwing QB that we've had at OSU in a long time, and he's also an above average to good athlete. Personally, I don't even think JT is really that great of an athlete.

JT Barrett is terrible. Like actually terrible. I've been saying that since the start of last season. I am not a huge OSU fan, but I do root for them unless they are playing The U. I catch more OSU games than I do Miami games because of location and I can tell you that Barrett is trash. And I agree that he isn't a special athlete. He's a good athlete for the QB position, but we aren't talking about Braxton Miller here. He's a tick below average in every category except athleticism, where he's a little above average.

I don't think OSU wants to play the young guys because they could be an abomination early on & cost this team the playoffs, but I don't think JT Barrett gets this team back to the CFB playoff anyways.

34 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

JT Barrett is terrible. Like actually terrible. I've been saying that since the start of last season. I am not a huge OSU fan, but I do root for them unless they are playing The U. I catch more OSU games than I do Miami games because of location and I can tell you that Barrett is trash. And I agree that he isn't a special athlete. He's a good athlete for the QB position, but we aren't talking about Braxton Miller here. He's a tick below average in every category except athleticism, where he's a little above average.

I don't think OSU wants to play the young guys because they could be an abomination early on & cost this team the playoffs, but I don't think JT Barrett gets this team back to the CFB playoff anyways.

JT's athleticism is minimized when he's constantly sliding and avoiding hits.

He's not good enough or valuable enough at this point to leave those yards on the field.

Archived