College Football / NFL Draft Discussion

candyman93

7 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I know Ridley is old, but he's Amari Cooper 2.0

They're exactly the same.

Yeah but man hes old our FO isn't gonna go for that as you can see by these cuts

Saquon Barkley is the guy I want

Usually, I wouldn't want to go RB high

But that guy is special I want Kizer handing the ball off to him for the next 7 years 

I'm on the Barkley bandwagon this year he and Ramsey are my guys 

23 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I know Ridley is old, but he's Amari Cooper 2.0

They're exactly the same.

I couldn't disagree more on that one...

On 8/31/2017 at 10:10 PM, Mind Character said:

5. Calvin Ridley WR, Alabama --- I like Ridley a lot but he's more Marvin Jones than blue chip WR1 than top 10 WR people are talking about.  I am not as high on him as others. He's really good, but is not the WR1 everyone is making him out to be. He has great vertical stretch ability but is limited as a combat catcher, redzone threat, route runner, and "go up and get it" pass catcher. Smooth with supreme slant and comeback route running. Let's the ball into his body and doesn't high point. Steady and consistent ability to get open. Everyone's drooling on Calvin Ridely and comparing him to Amari Cooper. There not in the same stratosphere to me as Cooper is stronger, more polished route runner, far superior hands, attacks the ball in the air, has power and burst out of routes, and on a different plane as a redzone threat

They're only similar in that they are/were both good WR for Alabama...

It's funny that my early tape review thoughts on Derwin have proved true so far this game as FSU is having success using Derwin as the Nickel LB/S rover close to the line. Playing close to the line is when he is at his best. Allowing him to get his hands on WR and TE early is the way to go. Playing in the deep third as a range FS or SS is not the way to go...

On 8/12/2017 at 3:36 AM, Mind Character said:

1. Derwin James is not the player people are talking about him as and is not the top safety prospect in the next draft based on play thus far; however, he is the best nickel LB/Sprospect........

He is an amazing defensive prospect in his own right however. He's being heralded as the best safety in the draft and/or the best player in the draft. He is not that. He's likely the 3rd or 4th best FS prospect in the draft; the number 1 SS prospect in the draft; however, he will likely be converted to a nickel and/or 43-Outside Linebacker when it is all said in done depending on who drafts him because he shined in the box LB role for FSU a lot.

He comes with destructive intent to the ball throughout the game but he has a very very slow mental trigger as a deep safety in diagnosing the pass and the run.

FSU used him to range in the pass too much at times and should just use him in the Jamal Adams box destroyer role. Even in that role his instincts and mental trigger are not as decisive and urgent as Jamal Adams; however, I noticed in watching 9 games that his instincts and urgent movement takes over when he plays the OLB position.

At the end of the year, when everyone is crowning Derwin the top FS/SS prospect...I'll first ask them what safety they play...if Derwin is not a nickel LB/S you're hurting his value and impact...He's not a deep field safety and he doesn't need to be b/c he's the best at the line fb player in cfb. Armani Watts is and will be the top S. I'd love to draft Armani to play SS alongside Peppers at FS. Then, draft Derwin to play nickel LB/S...then play nickel over 90% of the game with Jamie Collins, Christian Kirksey, Derwin James backed up by Jabrill Peppers and Armani Watts...the dream

No surprise Auden Tate is doing what he's the best in college football at on Minkah or anyone else...he's a redzone jump ball monster...

1. Auden Tate WR, FSU: Supreme Athlete with insane Jump ball ability...............................  One of the best redzone threats since Mike Williams and Calvin Johnson.

21 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Auden has been quiet ever since his TD.

True. As has the FSU offense as a whole....In between my positive review of Audent Tate a few days ago I also said:

Not sure he actually knows how to run routes. Concentration issues...gives up on routes at times for no reason.  Shows some deep speed, but not the suddenness or explosive quickness of a true WR1. Deep speed issue could give Sutton and Cobbs Jr. the nod in terms of the only 2 WR1 prospects.

His issues are what he does outside the redzone / outside of TD targets....I don't think he's been given that many other targets in this game yet however so we'll see.

Tate should be Francois best friend on 3rd down like Mike Williams and Deshaun Watson, but they don't look his way for some reason...

10 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

This may be the greatest individual performance ive seen by a QB. (Rosen)

It was like everything he touched turned to gold. He threw it into a DB's hands and it went right through them to a waiting WR for a TD. The fake spike was super baller. 

Week 1 QB stock:

UP - Rosen, Jackson, Mayfield

Down - D'Arnold, Allen

Meh - Rudolph

Archived