College Football / NFL Draft Discussion

candyman93

12 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

This may be the greatest individual performance ive seen by a QB. (Rosen)

I literally totally gave up on that game in the second quarter. I'm pretty pissed. 

I'm watching this VT WVU game and I look at the ticker and my eyes basically jump out 

21 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

This may be the greatest individual performance ive seen by a QB. (Rosen)

He was down 34 points in the 3rd freaking quarter.

35/58 for 491 passing yards and 4 TD's and no INT's.

4th QTR stats: 19-26, 292 yards, 4 TDs, 0 INTs.

On 8/8/2017 at 11:12 PM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

James and Barkley would be sexy as hell.

2 blue chippers would be incredible, but I could definitely see them moving a first rounder for picks the next year.

As it stands we're flush in 2018 but lacking by their standards in 2019.  I'd imagine they'll remedy that next spring.

Yeah man I'd love two blue chippers 

but man when you look at the potential of that 2019 class it's really tempting to want two first round picks in that one. 

If I can get Barkley or James and a first next year to put me in a position for a Dexter Lawrence, Ed Oliver, Nick Bosa, or Raekwon Davis that could get crazy 

1 hour ago, brownie man said:

Yeah man I'd love two blue chippers 

but man when you look at the potential of that 2019 class it's really tempting to want two first round picks in that one. 

If I can get Barkley or James and a first next year to put me in a position for a Dexter Lawrence, Ed Oliver, Nick Bosa, or Raekwon Davis that could get crazy 

I don't think there's any reason we couldn't come out of the 2018 draft with 2 top talents and a 2019 first.

That's what I'm hoping for anyway.

On 8/8/2017 at 11:12 PM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

James and Barkley would be sexy as hell.

2 blue chippers would be incredible, but I could definitely see them moving a first rounder for picks the next year.

As it stands we're flush in 2018 but lacking by their standards in 2019.  I'd imagine they'll remedy that next spring.

I'm telling you, LGB...Derwin James is not really a safety and unlike peppers doesn't have the ability to track the ball in the pass with instincts, and Derwin doesn't have a quick mental trigger or the eyes to diagnose the run or pass from the deep SS or FS position. His instincts take over the closer he is to the line.

He's still a top 10 player but he's a nickel LB with the ability to disrupt TEs, controll WR/TE with his hands off the line, and the ability to range sideline to sideline to disrupt the pass and run...

If your looking for another true safety, I'm telling you it's Armani Watts....looks like Jabrill will be able to hold down the FS position with some box support in nickel. Get on the Watts train...

I'd love a draft where we take Derwin James with our first pick; Armani Watts with our second pick; and trade assets for a 1st round CB...

Barkley's nice but I don't think it's worth taking him high in the draft (top 15)....when there will be RBs like Ronald Jones II, Derius Guice, Akrum Wadley, Royce Freeman all available late 1st to early 3rd.

Dream draft...

1. LB/S Derwin James

1. SS/FS Armani Watts

1(Trade). CB Tarvarus Mcfadden

2. WR Courtland Sutton

2. RB Derius Guice // RB Ronald Jones II // RB Chase Edmunds

----------------------------------------------------------------

Then we transition to a more nickel base with Jamie Collins, Christian Kirksey, and Derwin James as our LBs...with Armani Watts and Jabrill Peppers in the back end...

Now that Lamar Jackson has improved his body and taken a major leap in advancing hiis passing base and footwork I have a feeling that when it all shakes out...the top QBs will be

1. Sam Darnold,

2. Luke Falk,

3. Josh Rosen,

4. Lamar Jackson,

5. Josh Allen,

6. Riley Ferguson,

7. Baker Mayfield

I've always said if Lamar works on his passing base and footwork he could rocket it the list....he looked more seasoned with his footwork and his base was more like a true passer (not narrow) more often than not.

As a result, he's likely the 5th QB now right ahead of Riley Ferguson (6th) and Baker Mayfield (7th)

Sam Darnold is still the better passer than Josh Rosen...it's only been 1 week....

I've said it since the beginning though about Rosen's special and uncanny ability to throw with anticipation and timing  in the middle of the field and now everyone else is catching on.

On 8/12/2017 at 3:26 AM, Mind Character said:

3. Josh Rosen, UCLA:(10 games watched)
The Good: Sidenote--will be the most misunderstood prospect when people finally start to watch him and realize his game doesn't always "jump off the tape." Those that have heard all the hype that he's the next Luck-type will be shocked at his lack of major arm strength and will in a reactionary fashion call him "overhyped, the next Matt Leinart, and not good." They'll miss that although he's not Luck what he is, is the best technicien in terms of pocket movement work and throws with uncanny anticipation on the level of phillip rivers coming out of college. The best pinpoint ball placement on drive routes with timing. More pinpoint accurate and better anticipatory thrower version of Andy Dalton. Constantly puts the ball in places to maximize run after catch and to protect the WR.

I'm not saying James is better than Watts, haven't watched either closely enough to form an opinion.  I just think he'll be a stud somewhere on the defensive side of ther ball.

I like Barkley as a prospect and wouldn't be pissed if they drafted him, but I personally would never draft a RB in round 1.

All I know is I'd like another top shelf talent somewhere in the defensive backfield.

8 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I like Barkley as a prospect and wouldn't be pissed if they drafted him, but I personally would never draft a RB in round 1.

All I know is I'd like another top shelf talent somewhere in the defensive backfield.

Yes.....and....Yes

Defensive talent will be better than offensive talent next year; so, defensive in the first will maximize the value....

RB position is stacked on stacked...if you ever get the time available check out Ronald Jones II...and if you do, keep in mind that he put on 10 pounds of muscle for this season and got quicker and faster...he flashed for me last year when studying Darnold. He's a monster at RB and no one is talking about him...they will soon

All in on Derwin James, Armani Watts, and Tarvarus Mcfadden as our 3 1sts in the mold of the Myles Garrett, Jabrill Peppers, David Njoku 3 1sts...If kizer can ball, it would be great to secure a first round like that with our draft capital instead of trading it for a QB1.

54 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Yes.....and....Yes

Defensive talent will be better than offensive talent next year; so, defensive in the first will maximize the value....

RB position is stacked on stacked...if you ever get the time available check out Ronald Jones II...and if you do, keep in mind that he put on 10 pounds of muscle for this season and got quicker and faster...he flashed for me last year when studying Darnold. He's a monster at RB and no one is talking about him...they will soon

All in on Derwin James, Armani Watts, and Tarvarus Mcfadden as our 3 1sts in the mold of the Myles Garrett, Jabrill Peppers, David Njoku 3 1sts...If kizer can ball, it would be great to secure a first round like that with our draft capital instead of trading it for a QB1.

Here's a nice article about your boy...

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pff-draft-watch-ronald-jones-eludes-tacklers-in-impressive-opener

Archived