College Football / NFL Draft Discussion

candyman93

1 hour ago, Bonanza23 said:

Darnold and Rosen have not been impressive today. 

Oh the greatest QB draft in centuries!

lets wait to next year!

oh gosh dang Kizer can you please be our QB?  Please?!

Did you watch Deshone last year?

It didn't look 100% rosey either...

Rosen has the worst talent around him in terms of OL, WRs, RBs...there are no nfl prospects on offense that he is working with...none.

So, his mistakes and bad play is even more glaring due to the talent deficiency around him....

Darnold throws INTs...Jameis Winston threw INTs...some prospects do that....

In both of Darnold's games, he exhibited rare skills and rare throws...

It still is a great QB year....despite QB struggles.

Luke Falk, Josh Rosen, Daniel Jones(could be a top 10 when it's all said and done), Sam Darnold, Lamar Jackson, Baker Mayfield, Mason Rudolph, Riley Ferguson, Jarett Stidham, Quinton Flowers, Josh Allen

We'll see who rises to the top, but if I'm the Jets or 49ers FO....I'm not too worried about INTs right now of these prospects...it will all even out and they'll likely get a really good prospect

26 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Did you watch Deshone last year?

It didn't look 100% rosey either...

Rosen has the worst talent around him in terms of OL, WRs, RBs...there are no nfl prospects on offense that he is working with...none.

So, his mistakes and bad play is even more glaring due to the talent deficiency around him....

Darnold throws INTs...Jameis Winston threw INTs...some prospects do that....

In both of Darnold's games, he exhibited rare skills and rare throws...

It still is a great QB year....despite QB struggles.

Luke Falk, Josh Rosen, Daniel Jones(could be a top 10 when it's all said and done), Sam Darnold, Lamar Jackson, Baker Mayfield, Mason Rudolph, Riley Ferguson, Jarett Stidham, Quinton Flowers, Josh Allen

We'll see who rises to the top, but if I'm the Jets or 49ers FO....I'm not too worried about INTs right now of these prospects...it will all even out and they'll likely get a really good prospect

I think his point is more to the idea that some fans always want to "wait till next year when _____ comes out" but by the time the draft roles around those prospects have had a chance to show their warts as well.

42 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I think his point is more to the idea that some fans always want to "wait till next year when _____ comes out" but by the time the draft roles around those prospects have had a chance to show their warts as well.

True...yeah, I get the point

I also remember pre-draft those on here (the vast majority and Bonanza included I think) were on the side of thinking that "wait till next year for a QB" is ALWAYS wrong (or at least more often than not a flawed way to think) for the very reason that "but by the time the draft roles around those prospects have had a chance to show their warts and may not be as good"

My point is sometimes that thinking is wrong and other times it's not, and based on the information at draft time last year about the unprecedented amount of potential QB1 2018 prospects "wait for next year" made logical sense. Mainly because even if some QBs fall off there are so many others available along with the late surprisers/risers yet to be considered.

Every yearly crop of prospects is unique.

QB play thus far this year including surprise players like Duke's Daniel Jones, the progression of Lamar Jackson, Luke Falk, and Mason Rudolph is proving that this year is going to be unprecedented in terms of the number of developmental franchise QBs.

We'll shall see where things stand at the end of the year, but it's looking promising for teams in need (even given Darnold and Rosen's "struggles" when considering Deshone's "struggles last year" and the reasons for those struggles)

--------------------------

But of course just because some people have irrational and illogical reasons for certain thoughts that doesn't make a given thought wrong

There are some that predict that a stop light will turn red after first being yellow because of the mechanics of stop lights while some may think a stop light will turn red after first being yellow because they have telepathic powers that made it so....

Both thoughts: that the stop light will turn red after first being yellow are true; but the reasoning behind the thoughts is different.

Some said wait til next year for a QB last year for rational an logical reasons....while others said wait til next year for illogical reasons...

55 minutes ago, brownie man said:

I'll take Kizer for us over all of these dudes

Im on the train of take two QB's until you have one. If we can get Darnold or Rosen or whoever teickles your fancy I say take them. If one is better than the other keep them. If they are both very and very young you maybe sitting on 6 1st of draft capital. 

Darnold is clearly the cream of the crop....2 INTs against Texas with one being a drop/tip by his own WR

Special poise; special arm talent...senses pressure...throws in the middle of the field with touch, power, and accuracy

I don't see anyone catching him as the QB1 given how his raw passing/arm talent is ahead of everyone else...

Prospect wise coming out of college...I'd definitely take Darnold over Kizer, Trubisky, and Mahomes....and the margin would have been decent.

However, knowing what I know about Kizer and Darnold now (how Kizer has been able to take on everything that Hue has thrown at him and he seems so far to not let the game get too big for him), I'd take Kizer.

11 hours ago, hornbybrown said:

Looking forward to watching Lamar Jackson

Had a tough time against that defensive front. I'm not convinced about him as an NFL QB but there's still a lot of time. He needs to be more accurate. His running skills are outrageous though. That 50 yard run that got called back... he put two guys on their arse with one feint. And he does that sort of thing every week.

6 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yep. Also I'm overreacting to one game. Trying to fit in with all the real scouts in the draft section. 

Archived