Will the Vikings Make a Pick On Thursday?

SemperFeist

Will the Vikings make a pick?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or No

Right now, I would guess no. I think there will be 3-4 really good OL on the board when we pick, so Rick will be fine moving down a couple spots and still getting a guy he wants. 

If one of the QBs is still on the board, we could get a good deal to move down a few spots.

I lean towards a no as well.  I think there will be a team or 2 that will want to get in front of the Patriots and take Mason Rudolph (or Lamar Jackson if he still happens to be available) to get that 5th year option.  

19 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

Right now, I would guess no. I think there will be 3-4 really good OL on the board when we pick, so Rick will be fine moving down a couple spots and still getting a guy he wants. 

If one of the QBs is still on the board, we could get a good deal to move down a few spots.

I think there will be a toppish talent that makes their way down to the selection... and they stick with the board and select BPA, seeing that that are a number of OL that they can select with their 2nd round pick.

Going with yes simply because I'm hoping they do.

I hate waiting 3 hours to find out and getting anxious/breaking everything down of who we could pick only to find out we have to wait until the next round on Friday.

But that's my own selfish reasons. We should absolutely move down if we can.

While I think they will explore trading down and out of the first, I am going to vote yes because it takes two teams to make a deal. If a decent opportunity presents itself I believe they will trade down but I do not believe that is likely enough to make the probability of it happening greater than 50%.

Voted yes.

I think there's a good chance that Wynn and/or Williams makes it to pick #30, and I expect the Vikings would stay put and pick one of them if available. Next 2 picks (Patriots, Eagles) both have tackle as a need, so trading down would run the risk that the Vikings wouldn't be able to fill their biggest need for a day one starter. 

1 hour ago, disaacs said:

I lean towards a no as well.  I think there will be a team or 2 that will want to get in front of the Patriots and take Mason Rudolph (or Lamar Jackson if he still happens to be available) to get that 5th year option.  

I used to have this line of thinking, but if the Patriots have a QB that they like enough to take at 31, they probably take him at 23, right? It's the same thing as when people thought the Browns could wait until 4 to get their QB. I could be wrong, but if the Pats don't take a QB at 23 I don't think they take one in the 1st.

i voted no. fun fact: last year we ended up with 11 picks despite not having our first rounder (trade w/ philly for bradford). only two of those eleven picks were our native picks.

17 minutes ago, Krauser said:

Voted yes.

I think there's a good chance that Wynn and/or Williams makes it to pick #30, and I expect the Vikings would stay put and pick one of them if available. Next 2 picks (Patriots, Eagles) both have tackle as a need, so trading down would run the risk that the Vikings wouldn't be able to fill their biggest need for a day one starter. 

although the patriots might use their picks to trade up for a QB (23+31 could move them to around the 9th-10th pick) and there are reports about philly wanting to trade out of the first round because they have no second or third round picks. considering philly drafts at the end of the round their next pick after 32 is 130, which makes it likely (in my opinion) that they trade back.

1 hour ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

Going with yes simply because I'm hoping they do.

I hate waiting 3 hours to find out and getting anxious/breaking everything down of who we could pick only to find out we have to wait until the next round on Friday.

But that's my own selfish reasons. We should absolutely move down if we can.

I share this line of thinking as well, but I enjoy watching what the other 31 teams do as well. Going to be a fun night!!

6 minutes ago, Nozizaki said:

Think Rick wants that fifth year option. Strong chance we're drafting a replacement for Barr, Richardson or Waynes and I think keeping that replacement on a budget for as long as possible is huge.

The 5th year option is far from a budget. 

Archived