LAST MINUTE BAKER BOAT

mistakey

8 minutes ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

I feel that way with regards to following Footy in Australia.  (I've found dozens of sites on the sport, am in chat boards with Footy fans that are helping me to gain a deeper understanding of the game.  (I've become pretty good so far.)  

I forgot who it was following afl? 

+\- 0 wins?

1 minute ago, AkronsWitness said:

I don't think it's out of the question to think that could have it narrowed down to 2 guys and are doing some final revisions with the scouts and front office before making the definite decision on one.

Eh, not sure what new information is being weight tbh.  They haven’t played a game in months.

Ive had my top 2-3 cemented for a few months, not sure why they wouldn’t.

36 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

What's your co-workers role?

And at this point, I truly believe nobody besides Dorsey/Haslem know who the pick is. Charles Davis was just on the radio and made that point that he believes the decision has been made for a week or two now but he thinks only him and Haslem know and they are not telling anybody else maybe besides Wolf before draft day to prevent leaks.

Which makes sense because that would put the date right in line with when Sam Darnold started following Drew Stanton on IG.

Executive producer of the Browns Network.

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

I forgot who it was following afl? 

+\- 0 wins?

Geelong is 3-2 right now.  #5 on the ladder.  Not from the Cats game, but Charlie Cameron from Brisbane put forth a strong contender for goal of the year.  Check out the goal at the 4:45 mark of the highlights.  

On 4/19/2018 at 7:40 PM, Mind Character said:

"When we pass on HOFer Sam Darnold, and pass we shall... it will be to the blind applause of the masses." -- Proximo, Gladiator

This....

On 4/12/2018 at 12:47 AM, Mind Character said:

There's 1 thing that is certain...we are in no way selecting Allen...

But it could very well be a PR move to get us to accept Mayfield...so if we as fans hear LOUD sounds of Josh Allen over and over again...when we hear Baker mayfield instead of Darnold they may be hoping that we'll just be relieved it's not Allen "At least it was not allen..."

OR the Allen rumors could be started by non-Browns entities as well as a whole host of other possibilities...

And this^^^^^ sounds a lot like it worked (see below)

3 hours ago, mistakey said:
count me in
as long as its not the allen train im good

There's no reality imo where Baker is better than Darnold...

For the love of all that is good... people please stop bringing up the OSU game as if Baker's paint by the numbers, RPO, read option game was close to the anticipation throwing and Quarterbacking under duress of Darnold...

But beyond that game...

On 4/19/2018 at 11:01 AM, Mind Character said:

Darnold is better than Mayfield at the rare skills it takes to have success at Quarterbacking in the NFL... anticipation throwing, instinctual awareness and field vision, efficiency processing full field reads, off platform creation with pinpoint accuracy, big game poise, fourth quarter clutch factor, pocket athleticism and blitz avoidance, and pocket poise...

Darnold being better than Mayfield has nothing to do with his height or off the field stuff...that stuff just makes the choice of whose best even clearer.

If you still think Mayfield's limitations are height and off the field based.....you haven't studied the QBs intently and have missed a ton...

On 4/19/2018 at 7:52 PM, Mind Character said:

There's a reason Darnold is the consensus number 1 QB according to GMs polled by Charlie Casserly... Casserly himself, former scouts... some of it is foolish/stupid bias like "he's too short... he's too small... too this.. too that etc" but for the vast majority of the scouting community has Darnold over Baker for football specific reasons not due to bias or incorrect evaluation.

It's because you don't select a quarterback based on boxscores or stats per se... you select them based on their play on tape..

In general consensus to the vast majority of expert scout opinion that Darnold excels over Mayfield with what I said earlier ".... the rare skills it takes to have success at Quarterbacking in the NFL... anticipation throwing, instinctual awareness and field vision, efficiency processing full field reads, off platform creation with pinpoint accuracy, big game poise, fourth quarter clutch factor, pocket athleticism and blitz avoidance, and pocket poise...

Darnold being better than Mayfield has nothing to do with his height or off the field stuff...that stuff just makes the choice of whose best even clearer."

Big game poise and clutch factor is assessed by watching a QB perform in the 2minute, 4minute drill... watching can they rally a team back from a deficit...on 3rd and long or 3rd down in 4th quarter when the team needs to convert no matter what do they make unbelievable plays that utilize the rare traits of elite QB play.. how do they perform on a final drive to put the game away...when they're backed up on the goal line and have to go 98 plus yards to score it to win or tie..

I've watch all of Baker and Sam's games in college...  I have no reason to prefer one over the other.

There's late game and big game elite Quarterbacking... sometimes they overlap..

Here's some of the games that he made big plays and displayed such late game poise/big game poise over the course of career (for Baker over the last 2 years there are 4 clear games like that as Oklahoma won it running away in most games)

Evidence in 2016: Washington, Penn State, Colorado, Utah (Loss but made huge plays at the end but defense gave up a score at the end)

Evidence in 2017: Utah, Texas (huge game ending drive and series before), Washington State (loss but drove late in a comeback effort to put team ahead defense gave up final point), Stanford 2, Cal, Colorado, Arizona (huge late game plays swung momentum and big margin late), Stanford 2

20 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

This....

And this^^^^^ sounds a lot like it worked (see below)

other than the fact that ive been onboard with baker mayfield for like 3 months, even before the allen rumors heated up
but yeah whatever

10 minutes ago, mistakey said:

other than the fact that ive been onboard with baker mayfield for like 3 months, even before the allen rumors heated up
but yeah whatever

Congrats... and my bad then.....then your comment is just an example and microcosm of what I've seen posted on various Browns online forums by pro-Darnold types that are positively going with the Mayfield news by citing their opposition for Allen.

So, it might not apply to you in this example, but from Reddit to everywhere else it does...

21 minutes ago, Bernie's Curls said:

What about a consensus that @Mind Character and @DizzyDean are allowed to make posts only about non-QBs until 7:00 PM EST on Thursday? I would be willing to give them the last hour to Jackson Pollock their "I Told You So's" all over the forum.

I'm Dizzy now... Oh hell to the nah...

What awaits this forum after Baker goes 1 is... long post apocalypse...

Archived