LAST MINUTE BAKER BOAT

mistakey

6 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I just think it’s silly-season and smoke screens are abundant. False info being leaked, etc. Last year at this time is when the Trubisky stuff surfaced when in reality we were never targeting him. 

the allen stuff i buy...
https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/Bolt/Cleveland-Browns-John-Dorsey-has-seen-Baker-Mayfield-six-times-112301535

Afterward, Dorsey had the coaching staff rank the quarterbacks on their ability to learn and retain information.

“And (Mahomes) was No. 1,” said Dorsey, who also ranked Mahomes above North Carolina’s Mitchell Trubisky, who ended up getting drafted second overall by Chicago on Thursday.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/article147392189.html

+

https://www.diehards.com/oklahoma/baker-mayfield-nfl-combine-interview-draw-play-steve-mariucci

Dorsey also praised Mayfield to 92.3 The Fan earlier that day, saying he learned that Mayfield had learned his Oklahoma playbook in two days.

"And then the love and conviction that his teammates have for him, you can see that,'' he said. "Is he competitive? Yes. We all love that. Now we'll just go through the process and see how these things stack up.''

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2018/02/how_will_scot_mccloughans_love.html

+

"He reminds me of a shorter version of Brett Favre," McCloughan told Gottlieb."Tough guy. He can throw it. And he's very confident, and he's not afraid whatsoever, whatsoever. He's a battler. I know saying Brett Favre's a big name, and I was around him for a while, but this guy has talent."

= they arent exactly hiding much

11 minutes ago, mistakey said:

= they arent exactly hiding much

Unless...they are.

It's not out of the realm of possibility that this was all just an act of tomfoolery. You ever see The Prestige? Dudes convinced the world of a complete lie by carrying out said lie so well that everyone believed it to be true. Surely, a master of illusion like Dorsey knows not to show all of his cards, even when he's not employed by a team.

2 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Does he have a good track record though?

His track record isn't really the reason he's so notorious if we're being honest. 

He says things that make him sound senile at times, as if he should just retire. But when it comes to reporting actual news or intel, he's not always wrong like people think. He's just not a great radio personality. He makes these claims that are often not entirely factual, but those are his opinions, not information he's conveying from Berea.

1 minute ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

His track record isn't really the reason he's so notorious if we're being honest. 

He says things that make him sound senile at times, as if he should just retire. But when it comes to reporting actual news or intel, he's not always wrong like people think. He's just not a great radio personality. He makes these claims that are often not entirely factual, but those are his opinions, not information he's conveying from Berea.

I sure as hell don’t understand your media. 

In New Zealand everything is superliberal in the media or factual.

1 minute ago, Kiwibrown said:

I sure as hell don’t understand your media. 

In New Zealand everything is superliberal in the media or factual.

He's not a great radio personality, nor is he the most compelling writer. If we're being entirely objective, he probably doesn't deserve to be a beat reporter anymore. But he's been in the business a long time, and he knows people. He's a name that local Browns fans are very familiar with.

3 hours ago, Mind Character said:

A short history of the final stage of Browns insanity:

We did not move up to take Goff

We passed on Wentz

The Best QB prospect since Luck went and lit up college football

Draftniks said pass on Mahomes, Trubisky, Watson, Kizer, etc b/c Darnold and Rosen will be available next year

Somehow we sucked enough to earn the number 1 pick...

We pass on Darnold and Rosen...

It's applauded, celebrated, and rationalized....

It's the biggest mistake we've ever made in this franchise's history...

So far from the truth.,...moving to Baltimore was, get some perspective here!

3 hours ago, mistakey said:

sure.  and baker is almost 6'1".  How many qbs were 6'2" and went on to successful careers?
brett favre
aaron rodgers
andy dalton
(off the top of my head, bet you tehres way more)

Oh, that dude that played for the 49ers. No, not Steve Young although he was also 6'2, the guy before him I can't think of his name. Named after a state maybe? Jack Wyoming or something like that.

Archived