2018 NFL Draft Thread - READ!!!

CBears019

5 minutes ago, Epyon said:

There's actually a ton of prospects for positions we no longer need still on the board..

Eq St. Brown-WR still there (had 2nd round buzz)

Poona Ford-DL less surprising but still there

Auden Tate-WR there(had some late first buzz pre combine because he plays like a big man)

Deon Cain-WR still there.

Positions we could use:

Akrum Wadley-RB

Ade Aruna-Edge (Super athletic... but stupidly raw as a player he'd almost assuredly be a weekly inactive and needs a "redshirt" year)

Tolliver II (I only remember him getting burned by Ridley on film, but he was supposed to be a day 2 corner)

Toth-OT

Senat-OT

and before I could finish typing that we took an edge... Kylie Fitts.

Senat is a DT + he was already drafted.

I like what Pace has down this year...took an overall outstanding player in the 1st...two high floor but with ceiling players in round two and then started looking at H/W/S guys in the 4th and onwards...no one should have an issue with guys like Nichols and Fitts...Pace is now taking a swing when he should be...love the change in approach we have seen all off-season.

Just now, beardown3231 said:

McShay, Riddick and Kiper LOVE the Bears draft. Riddick, aside from pass rush concerns, said the Bears are a team to look out for next year

Im hearing that over and over again, even in the draft forum. Looking at the schedule, i think we could be fighting for a wc spot with good health.

I’m trying to talk myself into a good pass rush next year, and while researching, I’m stunned to know the Bears were SEVENTH in football in sacks. 7th (42 total sacks). Not bad.

Hicks: 8.5

Floyd: 4.5 (10 games)

Goldman: 1.5 sacks

RRH: 2 sacks

Bullard: 1 sack

Let’s assume their 2018 numbers look like this:

Hicks: 7.5

Floyd: 8.5 (13 games)

Goldman: 2.5 

RRH: 3 

Bullard: 3

With 7 more, and that’s assuming Hicks goes down 1 sack and Floyd notches only 4 more with miniscule upgrades from Bullard and RRH, that would give them 49 on the year which would have been good enough for ~4th in football. I’m also not including Smith, Lynch, Fitts, Kwiatkoski/Trevathan.

16 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

McShay, Riddick and Kiper LOVE the Bears draft. Riddick, aside from pass rush concerns, said the Bears are a team to look out for next year

The Bears better keep Goldman,Hicks and Floyd healthy though. Then it comes down to how good Trubisky is next year. nothing takes a team down quicker then the lack of an edge rush.

1 minute ago, TB 1 said:

The Bears better keep Goldman,Hicks and Floyd healthy though. Then it comes down to how good Trubisky is next year. nothing takes a team down quicker then the lack of an edge rush.

Yep at this point we need to bring back willie and Houston.

9 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

I’m trying to talk myself into a good pass rush next year, and while researching, I’m stunned to know the Bears were SEVENTH in football in sacks. 7th (42 total sacks). Not bad.

Hicks: 8.5

Floyd: 4.5 (10 games)

Goldman: 1.5 sacks

RRH: 2 sacks

Bullard: 1 sack

Let’s assume their 2018 numbers look like this:

Hicks: 7.5

Floyd: 8.5 (13 games)

Goldman: 2.5 

RRH: 3 

Bullard: 3

With 7 more, and that’s assuming Hicks goes down 1 sack and Floyd notches only 4 more with miniscule upgrades from Bullard and RRH, that would give them 49 on the year which would have been good enough for ~4th in football. I’m also not including Smith, Lynch, Fitts, Kwiatkoski/Trevathan.

The problem is that it is not coming from the edge except for Floyd. When Floyd didn't play the Bears put a lot less pressure on the passer. Floyd has to play 16 games the way this team is constructed now.

I would like to see another vet brought in but like Fitts as a situational guy...means we can keep him healthy too...

In terms of overall sack production I think Aaron Lynch starts and plays well...I think he goes for 8 sacks on the year.

Archived