MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

14 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Cejudo might be the biggest clown trying to sell himself on the planet. Well, Colby is worse, but at least he doesn't do the weird **** Henry does lol

What did he do? He may be a clown but he puts on a helluva show. Last 3 fights have been amazing unlike Colby who is far less exciting 

14 hours ago, mse326 said:

I mean he said he hated him but those 2 punches were unnecessary. Still glad Askren lost

Unnecessary isnt even the half of it. Straight dangerous even by UFC standards. Can kill someone doing that. 

That KO was the first time i can remember being speechless after a fight. Like no words

14 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Wouldn't go that far. A fluke is a fluke. 

I agree to a point. You can call it timing or gameplan or whatever but i agree a move like that no matter how perfect is still fluky ala Uriah Hall vs Gegard

Also as much as i hated the Lawler ending that was far less fluky even if i didnt like it

6 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

Anyone else think Bones is struggling a bit to adjust to fighting without steroids? His last two fights he's been tentative, and hasn't really done a whole lot. And it coincides with him being (presumably) off the juice.

All I'm saying is look into it

Was his performance against Smith that bad? This one was mediocre and maybe if Santos has both his knees we’ talking “and new” but he dismantled Smith imo

38 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Was his performance against Smith that bad? This one was mediocre and maybe if Santos has both his knees we’ talking “and new” but he dismantled Smith imo

I think he is just fighting bigger, more well rounded fighters than he was in the past.  A lot of his earlier wins were against guys who also fought at MW, or who were stiff and lesser athletes.  The first time he fought a guy who matched his size (Gus) he struggled.  Santos and Smith are better now than Gus ever was.  And I agree he dominated Smith, but I don’t totally excuse his tentative performance against OSP for ring rust.  The field is catching up to him.