MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Exactly. Fedor is 7-5 in the big leagues, like Askren he can win in meh promotions but got exposed against the big dogs. 

Ya if your not willing to fight people that i know of and have literally no idea who they are what are you even doing.

8 minutes ago, eagles101 said:

Ya if your not willing to fight people that i know of and have literally no idea who they are what are you even doing.

I like how he called Strikeforce and Bellator "the big leagues" but completely disregards Pride which had better fighters than both organizations lmao. 

EDIT - Oh and he disregards Bellator as being "the big leagues" when Askren fought there. LMAO

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

I like how he called Strikeforce and Bellator "the big leagues" but completely disregards Pride which had better fighters than both organizations lmao. 

EDIT - Oh and he disregards Bellator as being "the big leagues" when Askren fought there. LMAO

Disregarding pride is top tier.

• Like 1

Feel like the Cali athletic commission must have given instructions to refs to be really quick on stopping fights, because there were several super early stoppages on this card. The main event stoppage was early, and the Faber/Simon fight was really bad too. A little disappointing on a card that had some interesting results.

Hall/Elkins was pretty fascinating, with Ryan Hall dropping Elkins multiple times. He also got him into grappling situations a few times, but Elkins was able to survive/slip out. Though if the first round went about 5 seconds longer, I think he had him with the triangle.

Seems like GDR should be next for Nunes, which tbh I'm pretty interested to see. She's got the length, power and technical striking to make Nunes work, I think it could be a decent test.

• Like 3

I know if you wanted Hall to win you were hoping it was via wicked sub but man he dropped Elkins a lot with kicks and shockingly a few punches too. Great performance

Montano and Pena was a little surprising at first as I'm a bit of a homer for Pena but she started slow and did what I expected in rounds 2 and 3

Emmett has dynamite in his hands even if its his jab

So glad to see Faber get the W coming back!! Hell yea!! Big upset too based on the odds. Taking on Cejudo is a bad idea though

Germaine getting the win appeared very obvious at the weigh ins

7 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

Feel like the Cali athletic commission must have given instructions to refs to be really quick on stopping fights, because there were several super early stoppages on this card. The main event stoppage was early, and the Faber/Simon fight was really bad too. A little disappointing on a card that had some interesting results.

Hall/Elkins was pretty fascinating, with Ryan Hall dropping Elkins multiple times. He also got him into grappling situations a few times, but Elkins was able to survive/slip out. Though if the first round went about 5 seconds longer, I think he had him with the triangle.

Seems like GDR should be next for Nunes, which tbh I'm pretty interested to see. She's got the length, power and technical striking to make Nunes work, I think it could be a decent test.

GDR has to be next. Clearly the biggest threat to her in a pool of less than exciting options

17 hours ago, beekay414 said:

I want to see Ryan Hall fight a legit contender soon. He's beaten Artem Lobov, Gray Maynard, BJ Penn and Darren Elkins so far but they are all just names at this point more so than legitimate fighters. I want to see him get a ranked guy next.

Agreed! I get that he won't play the trash talk game but his grappling is elite and he actually isn't garbage on his feet like previously announced via Bisping haha

15 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Ideally, what happens at 170...

Colby beats Lawler and we finally get Usman-Covington for the strap.
Edwards beats RDA and we get the "3 piece and a soda" matchup with Edwards-Masvidal in a defacto #1 contender spot.
UFC books Darren Till vs Ben Askren
Then the winner of Pettis vs Diaz enters the fray as a top contender as well.

Can't forget about Santiago Ponzinibbio, Tyron Woodley or Wonderboy either.

Good lord, I love welterweight right now.

WTH BK?