MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

1 hour ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Well Khabib made a lot of money, and stood up for his friends and family. Turns out what Khabib did by going into the stands is admirable.

Khabib legitimately almost got KO'd in the crowd, he got hit with a hard right hand and was on chicken legs as the cops pulled him away. Had they not gotten to him he probably would've been KO'd. Danis is a big dude and a legit grappler, potentially a future champ in Bellator. 

Conor asked for the immediate rematch. 

I personally don’t wanna see Conor vs Khabib again, think it ends largely the same way. All about matchups and Khabib is a terrible matchup for Conor. Khabib by decision or 3rd-5th Round Submission. 

However, with that said.. who does Khabib want again? Conor (money). Who does Conor want again? Khabib (redemption chance), who does the UFC want again? Conor (money). Who do majority of fans want again? Conor (fan favorite, heated rivalry that’s real). 

It would do around the same PPV buys, maybe 5% less. 

I think Conors best chance would be to play it way more cautious which is what he should of did the first time. He was way to aggressive which always equals take down against an elite wrestler. He should not go on the offensive ONCE the entire fight. Literally counter any time Khabib comes in. Anderson Silva vs Maia II. It would be an extremely boring fight but Conor can win this way with his reach advantage. 

I still think Khabib wins though. 

Edited by BayRaider

5 hours ago, lancerman said:

If you have a corner guy calling Khabib, a Muslim fighter, a terrorist, as is being alleged, then yes that is about as bad as making a racial slur. 

There’s a difference between agreeing with a religion and disparaging members of it with stereotypes and inciteful speech.  

Calling Khabib a terrorist was of course scumbag behaviour from Conor. Not defending him in the slightest. 

But I still don't like religion being lumped in with race. Religious leaders then politically use that to dismiss ANY criticsm of their faith as racism. Some of these same leaders will at the same time have no problem preaching that non believers will go to hell while hiding behind "racism" when anyone talks back. 

And this may not apply to you but I also notice that many of those most eager to lump race and religion together, have absolutely no problem mocking Mormons or Scientologists sometimes attacking Christianity, often attacking or mocking Atheists. It seems to be very selectively applied only to one or two particular religions.

26 minutes ago, The Hitch said:

Calling Khabib a terrorist was of course scumbag behaviour from Conor. Not defending him in the slightest. 

But I still don't like religion being lumped in with race. Religious leaders then politically use that to dismiss ANY criticsm of their faith as racism. Some of these same leaders will at the same time have no problem preaching that non believers will go to hell while hiding behind "racism" when anyone talks back. 

And this may not apply to you but I also notice that many of those most eager to lump race and religion together, have absolutely no problem mocking Mormons or Scientologists sometimes attacking Christianity, often attacking or mocking Atheists. It seems to be very selectively applied only to one or two particular religions.

He never called Khabib a terrorist though, he called his manager a terrorist, which was true. His manager was a member of a terrorist organization and turned into an informant to avoid prosecution. He was caught on a plane on 9/11 traveling from Egypt to NYC carrying 5 passports and turned on the organization. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, YoungJefe said:

It's all over, look at the angle that shows it outside the cage, you clearly see the dude in the black that was trying to jump the cage sucker punch Danis. 

How far after the original brawl. Like does he do it way after connor got attacked from behind?

5 hours ago, YoungJefe said:

Khabib legitimately almost got KO'd in the crowd, he got hit with a hard right hand and was on chicken legs as the cops pulled him away. Had they not gotten to him he probably would've been KO'd. Danis is a big dude and a legit grappler, potentially a future champ in Bellator. 

Conor asked for the immediate rematch. 

Do you have a clip of that?

22 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Kevin Lee is a terrible matchup for Khabib. An elite wrestler is not keeping another elite wrestler down for long. And just about any Top 10 LW is mauling Khabib on the feet. 

Doesnt have to keep him down. He only needs to strike long enough to get a takedown. If lee gets back up then he just strikes good enough for a takedown. Tinse repeat. Lee is good enough to get lucky but i think khabib would beat him easily.

right now tony is his only real test. 

5 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I personally don’t wanna see Conor vs Khabib again, think it ends largely the same way. All about matchups and Khabib is a terrible matchup for Conor. Khabib by decision or 3rd-5th Round Submission. 

However, with that said.. who does Khabib want again? Conor (money). Who does Conor want again? Khabib (redemption chance), who does the UFC want again? Conor (money). Who do majority of fans want again? Conor (fan favorite, heated rivalry that’s real). 

It would do around the same PPV buys, maybe 5% less. 

I think Conors best chance would be to play it way more cautious which is what he should of did the first time. He was way to aggressive which always equals take down against an elite wrestler. He should not go on the offensive ONCE the entire fight. Literally counter any time Khabib comes in. Anderson Silva vs Maia II. It would be an extremely boring fight but Conor can win this way with his reach advantage. 

I still think Khabib wins though. 

I'm assuming you mean the casuals because I dont understand why any real fans want to see that rematch immediately. It was so 1-sided it was a terrible fight to see. The most significant strike was thrown by Khabib when it dropped Conor. Also, if you say his gameplan and best chance to win is boring then why do we want to see that?