MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

3 minutes ago, Blazer026 said:

Yikes, don't think it'll be close

i definitely think DC wins too, but Lewis can hang around and finish anybody whenever. doesn't do anything for DC's legacy really and is pretty dangerous. i don't get it him taking it, but glad he did. that card's a solid 8/10

4 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Khabib is pretty bad at shooting singles and doubles. He almost always gets stuffed. He kinda just uses them as a way to get close enough to initiate other grappling exchanges. 

Which is why I think another elite wrestler/grapper is a terrible matchup for him. Anybody Beats Khabib on the feet. He’s really really bad on the feet. 

Cormier opens at -900. Biggest favorite in a title fight since one of Rouseys fights, can’t remember which one. 

Cormier probably took the fight cause Lewis became ultra popular over night and this card will probably sell quite a bit of PPVs cause the card is solid. 

6 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I think you will see a lot of MMA guys in the future creating personalities, trash talking, and creating intense rivalries even if it’s a complete farce. Conor laid the blueprint here. Dana doesn’t want bus incidents and brawls outside the cage incidents, but after how much money Conor has made them he is definitely gonna want some personalitys and trash talk from his fighters. Basically WWE elements but without the crazy stuff. Vince was always a genius, problem was his product is fake, therefore not hugely popular outside of the 5-18 age range. 

Haven't we already seen this? I mean I get what you're saying but we even heard right after the Mighty Mouse v Dodson 2 fight, Dodson said he was trying to sell the fight. We all know its mostly talk. Some guys genuinely dont like each other but some of it is crap. Guys that talk will get their shot because of the draw. Its why Bisping passed over Jacare and why Conor will pass over everyone in 4 different weight classes. Even the Lee/Chiesa thing seemed so fake but it got some casual's attention. Obviously the UFC doesn't want actual violence but talking crap and even targeting someone's family/accent or whatever to just dig is going to happen more and more. Hell, Ferguson is talking more and more now, 1 because he is that good but I think he is learning thats how to play the game nowadays

2 hours ago, FinneasGage said:

i definitely think DC wins too, but Lewis can hang around and finish anybody whenever. doesn't do anything for DC's legacy really and is pretty dangerous. i don't get it him taking it, but glad he did. that card's a solid 8/10

I think I'd bump it to a 9/10. DC v Lewis should still be interesting. Poirier v Diaz should be magic, Rockhold v Weidman is a fight between 2 near-contenders and Jacare/Branch is another great matchup that should be fun. Brunson v Stylebender is a major step up for Israel too. That is a really strong 5 fight lineup if it stays. 

29 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Cormier opens at -900. Biggest favorite in a title fight since one of Rouseys fights, can’t remember which one. 

Cormier probably took the fight cause Lewis became ultra popular over night and this card will probably sell quite a bit of PPVs cause the card is solid. 

He is a smart man too. Strike while the iron is hot. Plus his window is closing and this could be an easy payday for him plus if he takes care of business early he could make another fight soon after, possibly Brock or Bones3

17 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

You mean actually stepping into the octagon or him having to make weight twice? I know its kind of both but him making weight might be REALLY hard so quick

How much does he actually cut? But i ment more how he got beat up and now is going against someone who most likely will beat him up also.

15 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I know Khabib isn't good on the feet but he did tag Conor fwiw

More then tagged. Overhand right that landed square on Conors chin. He basically stood with Conor the majority of that 3rd round and traded with him and frequently landed. If Khabib is horrible on his feet then that how is it that Conor didn't tune him up something fierce that round?

4 minutes ago, Shockey1979 said:

More then tagged. Overhand right that landed square on Conors chin. He basically stood with Conor the majority of that 3rd round and traded with him and frequently landed. If Khabib is horrible on his feet then that how is it that Conor didn't tune him up something fierce that round?

Connor was exhausted. Thats the only reason khabib stood there.