MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

32 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Like Fin said, if Conor is in, Nate isn't out unless he is hurt

I think that's very unrealistic. If Lewis can make it, Conor could make it too, but if the trilogy fight happens it would surprise me if it happens on short notice. 

Did Conor already receive his punishment or are they still investigating again him as well?

I'm also quite sure that Ferguson will get the next title shot. Dana already brought up that possibility so i guess that's the first fight they will talk about for the Lightweight Championship.

2 hours ago, Edge said:

I think that's very unrealistic. If Lewis can make it, Conor could make it too, but if the trilogy fight happens it would surprise me if it happens on short notice. 

Did Conor already receive his punishment or are they still investigating again him as well?

I'm also quite sure that Ferguson will get the next title shot. Dana already brought up that possibility so i guess that's the first fight they will talk about for the Lightweight Championship.

Happening on short notice would hurt their ability to promote all the trash talk etc.  True

Stipe vs Cormier did less than 400K buys, that's probably why there's no immediate rematch. Lewis is riding one of the greatest comeback wins ever on a card that had 2.5 mil buys. I guess that makes business sense, but pretty crappy from a competitive sport perspective. Stipe definitely deserved a rematch.

Still a travesty DC doesn't sell PPVs. Dad bod overrides everything I guess.

12 minutes ago, Mossburg said:

Stipe vs Cormier did less than 400K buys, that's probably why there's no immediate rematch. Lewis is riding one of the greatest comeback wins ever on a card that had 2.5 mil buys. I guess that makes business sense, but pretty crappy from a competitive sport perspective. Stipe definitely deserved a rematch.

Still a travesty DC doesn't sell PPVs. Dad bod overrides everything I guess.

Im not sure stipe deserves an immediate rematch. Im not sure where the idea thay every champ deserves a rematch but he didnt really show that he deserved one. Let dc fight lewis then have the rematch/stipe vs lewis. Or if stipe is so ready to fight have him fight another contender. 

Dc doesnt sell because hes generally annoying. Hes not really hatable like some other people and hes not loveable like other fighters. Its just weird and at times annoying. 

41 minutes ago, eagles101 said:

Im not sure stipe deserves an immediate rematch. Im not sure where the idea thay every champ deserves a rematch but he didnt really show that he deserved one. Let dc fight lewis then have the rematch/stipe vs lewis. Or if stipe is so ready to fight have him fight another contender. 

Dc doesnt sell because hes generally annoying. Hes not really hatable like some other people and hes not loveable like other fighters. Its just weird and at times annoying. 

Not every champ deserves a rematch, but there are some that definitely do, especially the way some fights end. A competitive fight that ended in a KO usually deserve a rematch if a champ is the longest reigning champion in his weight class. If DC beat him down silly for 25 mins in a complete mismatch or if Stipe was making his first defense or something, then I'd agree.

53 minutes ago, eagles101 said:

Not every champion deserves a rematch, but one that defended as long as Stipe sure does. 

Especially if Cody freakin Garbrandt got one. 

1 hour ago, eagles101 said:

Well the only ones that sell are Conor, Khabib, and Jones. So I don't think it is a DC problem.

25 minutes ago, JonStark said:

Not every champion deserves a rematch, but one that defended as long as Stipe sure does. 

Especially if Cody freakin Garbrandt got one. 

Id say cody deserved a shot more then stipe. Cody was had tj hurt and most likely would have finished him if it wasnt for the bell. With no real contenders after him. 

Stipe got finished in the first round and derrick lewis has beaten everyone there is to beat outside stipe. 

2 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Well the only ones that sell are Conor, Khabib, and Jones. So I don't think it is a DC problem.

Khabib doesn't sell either 

but DC is a two class champ. More wins by knockout than decision. With people putting him in the goat talk. Which would make him the only “goat” that doesnt/didnt get relatively high ppv buys. 

Just now, FinneasGage said:

yeah technically he can't fight. but once you pass a medical test or whatever those suspensions are waived. the lengths are all pretty arbitrary/non-finite. 

Ya but if nate was even willing, they wouldn't risk connor not being cleared in time.