MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

Anybody think Kickboxing can thrive under a new name and amazing marketing like MMA had? Kickboxing marketing has always been terrible and it's such an untapped market. It can be a new sport entirely with Muay Thai, Western Kickboxing, and Karate, among other stand up forms of mixed martial arts. Kickboxing could easily be in MMA's place right now but Dana White is marketing/promoting genius (among other head guys in the UFC).

What do you guys think?

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Anybody think Kickboxing can thrive under a new name and amazing marketing like MMA had? Kickboxing marketing has always been terrible and it's such an untapped market. It can be a new sport entirely with Muay Thai, Western Kickboxing, and Karate, among other stand up forms of mixed martial arts. Kickboxing could easily be in MMA's place right now but Dana White is marketing/promoting genius (among other head guys in the UFC).

What do you guys think?

i think glory does a pretty good job. it airs on espn all the time. it'll grow, but yeah w/o legit stars it'll never take off. there's also a lot more boring kickboxing fights than borning mma fights imo. from what i've seen. 

6 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

i think glory does a pretty good job. it airs on espn all the time. it'll grow, but yeah w/o legit stars it'll never take off. there's also a lot more boring kickboxing fights than borning mma fights imo. from what i've seen. 

This is because the glove size. They need to use 4oz gloves like MMA and totally rename the sport. Even MMA was named NHB for No Holds Barred at first...

• Like 1

Just imagine a sport with MMA style stand up fights, and they are even more skilled on the feet, with the same 4oz gloves and same amount of knockouts. 

These stand up wars are what got UFC popular. Kickboxing is really an untapped market if it’s totally repackaged. New name for the entire sport, 4oz gloves, and amazing marketing/promotion. If they could land Conor McGregor it would basically market itself.