MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

Serious question those reversals Fedor did, is that classic Fedor or some Bellator shenanigans because some of these looks so weird for someone like Chael that knows the ground game pretty well

Also, why did Fedor never fight in the UFC?

Also, what are some of his best fights that he's had? Some of these guys on his record are terrible and the biggest names I know are in his 3 fight losing streak. He does have some serious wins too but it seems like he is considered the overwhelming GOAT at HW but is that more just total wins than anything?

23 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Serious question those reversals Fedor did, is that classic Fedor or some Bellator shenanigans because some of these looks so weird for someone like Chael that knows the ground game pretty well

Also, what are some of his best fights that he's had? Some of these guys on his record are terrible and the biggest names I know are in his 3 fight losing streak. He does have some serious wins too but it seems like he is considered the overwhelming GOAT at HW but is that more just total wins than anything?

Contract disputes is why he never came over. But he beat a lot of big names at the time. You would really have to know old school mma to know why they call him goat.

2 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I think if anything it was more the result of a heavyweight fighting a middleweight.

as for Fedor's record, he fought all the top Pride guys in their primes. before he went to Strikeforce and lost three in a row he was 31-1, having fought guys like Cro Cop, Hunt, Nogueira, Coleman, Goodridge, Randleman, Silvia, Arlovski. Basically every one of the old school heavyweights. He also wasn't a big heavyweight, and went up against some giants in Japan, like Semmy Schilt and Hong Man Choi.

Honestly I haven't actually seen many of his fights in full myself, I didn't follow MMA when Pride was around. but his fight against Hong Man Choi is pretty memorable, try and check that one out