MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

2 hours ago, eagles101 said:

Khabib doesn't sell either 

but DC is a two class champ. More wins by knockout than decision. With people putting him in the goat talk. Which would make him the only “goat” that doesnt/didnt get relatively high ppv buys. 

DC is a paper champ in one of those divisions. He can't be considered for GOAT status until he beats Jones. Plain and simple. Also, the Miocic fight was very competitive, and DC was losing the first round until the KO. He wants no part of that fight, or Jones. He wants the easy win against Lewis, Brock will be ringside, and they can sell that fight even more. 

Just now, eagles101 said:

Dc is still talking lesnar and retirement. So lewis, lesnar, retirement seems to be his path. 

He may be talking that but I'll believe it when I see it. Especially if Jones is the winner. Same or bigger payday than Lesnar and revenge.

4 minutes ago, mse326 said:

He may be talking that but I'll believe it when I see it. Especially if Jones is the winner. Same or bigger payday than Lesnar and revenge.

Not gonna happen. DC knows he can't beat Bones in any weight class. If Jones wasn't Jones, I'd agree, but since he got popped DC doesn't have to fight him and can remain in the GOAT conversation (even if anyone with eyes knows Bones is the best to ever do it). 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MakeDenverGreatAgain said:

Not gonna happen. DC knows he can't beat Bones in any weight class. If Jones wasn't Jones, I'd agree, but since he got popped DC doesn't have to fight him and can remain in the GOAT conversation (even if anyone with eyes knows Bones is the best to ever do it). 

If that was their only fight I that may be true. But Jones still has a legit win against Cormier on the resume. Ducking Jones would do more to hurt his legacy than fighting and losing if it's a decent fight.

5 minutes ago, mse326 said:

Lesnar vs dc is more interesting. Hes been beat twice by jones. I doubt he fights again at lhw and just finish his career with two hw fights.

Just now, mse326 said:

If that was their only fight I that may be true. But Jones still has a legit win against Cormier on the resume. Ducking Jones would do more to hurt his legacy than fighting and losing if it's a decent fight.

Jones said he doesnt want to fight DC so it wouldnt really be ducking him unless jones goes and calls him out. Especially if they set up the lesnar fight before jones calls him out.

Lesnar vs dc is more interesting. Hes been beat twice by jones. I doubt he fights again at lhw and just finish his career with two hw fights.

Interesting based on what? What has Lesnar shown to earn the matchup. It's been 7+ years since he did anything in the octagon. Even juiced he looked bad against Hunt despite the win.

Jones said he doesnt want to fight DC so it wouldnt really be ducking him unless jones goes and calls him out. Especially if they set up the lesnar fight before jones calls him out.

He wants the belt so unless DC decides to vacate it or retires Jones takes that fight 100/100 times.

7 minutes ago, mse326 said:

Interesting based on what? What has Lesnar shown to earn the matchup. It's been 7+ years since he did anything in the octagon. Even juiced he looked bad against Hunt despite the win.

The size match up alone makes it more interesting. Weve seen jones dc twice i dont a new outcome happening.

6 minutes ago, mse326 said:

He wants the belt so unless DC decides to vacate it or retires Jones takes that fight 100/100 times.

Dc is retiring. So honestly jones gus should just be for the belt. 

1 minute ago, eagles101 said:

Dc is retiring. So honestly jones gus should just be for the belt.

You don't know that. Plenty of people talk doesn't mean it happens. And it would terrible business for Dana to set up Lesnar before Jones. Losing to Lesnar at best you lose a lot of buys in a Jones matchup and at worst you lose it all together. If DC loses to Jones that won't effect Lesnar buys at all.

7 minutes ago, mse326 said:

You don't know that. Plenty of people talk doesn't mean it happens. And it would terrible business for Dana to set up Lesnar before Jones. Losing to Lesnar at best you lose a lot of buys in a Jones matchup and at worst you lose it all together. If DC loses to Jones that won't effect Lesnar buys at all.

You can have all the pipe dreams you want and i could be wrong but very little points to DC vs Jones 3.